Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Changing transition duration
Joe M [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2010 19:42 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I am trying to figure out how to change the duration of a transition. In Powerdirector 8 after the transition is added to the timeline, I am able to edit the transition by clicking on the "Duration" button. I do not see that option in version 9. I know there is a default setting to set the duration in the Preferences but would like to change the transitions as needed. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
In PD 9 you first select the transition (expand the timeline to see the transition) then put your mouse pointer on the end or beginning of the transition and drag.

You can drag either or both ends of the transition.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Joe M [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2010 19:42 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Great. Thanks
GTh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2017 11:53 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In PD 9 you first select the transition (expand the timeline to see the transition) then put your mouse pointer on the end or beginning of the transition and drag.

You can drag either or both ends of the transition.

Greetings,

I cannot reproduce it.

PowerDirector 365 - while placing the cursor and trying draggong the edge I have gor a red crossed circle (interdiction).

I cannot change the lenght of the face transition via double-click and inserting some values. It revert to something I have inserted once.

I would like to change the duration of the only one, or separately the fade transition.

Thank you in advance.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 21. 2021 17:05

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's better to start a new discussion rather than digging up this one from 10 years ago.

There is a limit to the duration of the transition if it overlaps with a very short clip. Are you saying that any setting you enter in this box isn't retained?

Maybe a a screen capture or a video screen recording would help us understand what's going on.

Use Alt+Print Screen or the Windows snipping tool (Win+Shift+S) then save the image as PNG or JPG. Click on the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload and share it here. You can do the same for a screen recording if it's smaller than 100MB. Otherwise upload it to YouTube and paste the link here.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 21. 2021 19:18

GTh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It's better to start a new discussion rather than digging up this one from 10 years ago.

There is a limit to the duration of the transition if it overlaps with a very short clip. Are you saying that any setting you enter in this box isn't

Maybe a a screen capture of recording would help us understand what's going on.

Use Alt+Print Screen or the Windows snipping tool (Win+Shift+S) then save the image as PNG or JPG. Click on the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload and share it here.

thank you very much for your prompt reaction.

Already 10 years?!

Indeed the setting has not been kept.

There is no issue within the new project. I can chnge the duration of the transition and return to the clip with changes applied.

The cllip is not to short to be the source of the problems

If after restarting a compuer I will inform you with pictures about the isdue if it is still a case.

Update:

Same issue:

Attached-please-find screenshots.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 21. 2021 23:29

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
In your screenshot you have a 29 frames transition on a 30 frames per second timeline. One can highlight the seconds or the frames in that Duration box and change the numbers with the arrow keys. Hit the preview screen play button to confirm that is the time you desire. You need to save the project so that the next time the project is opened the changes were saved properly.
GTh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote In your screenshot you have a 29 frames transition on a 30 frames per second timeline. One can highlight the seconds or the frames in that Duration box and change the numbers with the arrow keys. Hit the preview screen play button to confirm that is the time you desire. You need to save the project so that the next time the project is opened the changes were saved properly.

Thank you.

I have found that there was a tiny picture overlapped by the clip in question.
once deleted all returns to normal.

As often the problem has been between the chair and the screen.