Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 10 Titles
Ludrick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2009 18:04 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I just recently downloaded the trial version PD 10. I've had PD 6 for four years and decided to try out the new 10 version. The problem I'm having is dealing with editing the titles. There are things that I cannot do such as, centering and the duration of the title is so short. How do I correct these settings for editing titles?
[Post New]
To center it, make sure you have the title highlighted in the time line. You can then position it anywhere you wish by moving it around in the preview window. As for the duration, you can set it to any length you wish. There are two ways do do it. The first would be to highlight the title in the time line and then "stretch" the end of it to any length you wish. Or look for the "gear" type symbol on the top info bar. This is where you set your program preferences. Click it and go to "editing" There you can set the default duration for all titles, transitions, effects, etc...

Hope that helps some.
Ludrick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2009 18:04 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Okay, but I've tried that. In the the timeline, it shows the title's duration, but the title don't display for that paticular duration. It will display for a few seconds.
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
If the text is selected (in the title designer), there will be an icon at the bottom that lets you center the text. A menu will drop down, so you will be able to see your choices.

As for the duration, if you change the duration of the title the action, whatever that might be, should slow down proportionately.

You can also go into the title designer and fiddle with the keyframes to change the duration of the behavior. For example, you might want the "action" to move at normal speed but the text to stand still for most of the time. You'll see two keyframes, and the "stand still" time is the time between the two keyframes. Jerry Schwartz
Hauss [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2009 22:46 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I have a similar center issue... when I go to enter text in PD10 TITLE DESIGNER, there is NO CENTER BUTTON. BY that I mean to center each line of text.. there is one to center the entire highlighted text centered on the screen but each line of text is left justified. on PD9 there was a Center button at the top next to bold and italics which isnt there in PD10

any ideas?
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Did you choose the "3D Like" text template?
There are known reported issues with the 3D Like text, including the missing Align options.
Try one of the "General" text templates. You will see that that Align button is now there. Or at least that's how it is in my PD10. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips