Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
♥ PowerDirector 17 Tutorials from PD University ♥
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm subbed to your channel and I watch all of your video's. Very helpfull.

I walked in to one problem with PD17..

When you record video in the capturesection, the sound de-syncs. I never had this problem in PD16. I still have that version and it still works without a flaw. Do you know what the problem can be in PD17? Do you have an idea?

Sorry I don't. You need to post a new thread in the forum so the moderators and others can see it. That way if it is an existing problem more eyes will be on it and someone might have a solution. If no one has a solution the moderators can get the issue to CyberLink so the company is aware of it. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Let your artistic side shine!!! Learn how to draw and write on video using the Paint Designer in PowerDirector 17.
Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Check out the plethora of audio tools! Learn how to use the new Audio Editor in PowerDirector 17!

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Go anywhere anytime with a green screen and PowerDirector! Learn how to use the Chroma Key tool and the new Add A Key feature in PowerDirector 17.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Holy Transitions! Learn how to make the classic Batman transition using PowerDirector 17.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Raise your title and text game with custom fonts! Learn how to add fonts to your hearts content with this quick tip that works with all versions of PowerDirector.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's "sky" time you changed your environment! Learn how to replace the sky with PowerDirector 17.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
I want to be completely transparent with you about this tutorial. 😀 It will show you how to blend videos and images from the timeline using the clip opacity feature.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Got flick? Well it's time to get rid of it! Learn how to remove annoying video flicker using PowerDirector.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 27. 2019 10:28

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
PowerDirector Showdown! Learn about the differences between PowerDirector 365 Subscription and the Single Payment version. This video will help you determine which version is best for you.

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PowerDirector Showdown! Learn about the differences between PowerDirector 365 Subscription and the Single Payment version. This video will help you determine which version is best for you.

I don't watch too many tutorials, yours or others. This one however caught my eye as next PD release will probably be the turning point for me. Tutorial could have been so much better, first 10min spent on basic CL web page chart offering nothing more than what one could read at any time, no real added insight.

Around the 13:20 mark it was stated one gets all 3rd party plugins, pretty misleading, show me how to get NB Essentials II, III, IV....on and on, which CL has offered previously. In my view the pros and cons really left a lot to be desired for current users moving forward.

It will be interesting to see how the subscription model takes hold. Based on user comments through time of this posting, it looks like maybe 28:12 (Onetime : Subscription ratio). so actually, a good opportunity for CL to reverse course and capture user's vs competitive products, if that stat holds. I don't see that happening, already at PD17 the Director Suite was delisted from perpetual purchase. Based on CL charts like attached, it's obvious they think offering monthly candy will entice subscribers.

CL final summary:
"Turning to Subscription model will have short-term negative impact on revenue for 2019 but it can deliver better results in the long term with recurring revenue"

Jeff
[Thumb - PD17_Subscription.png]
 Filename
PD17_Subscription.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
483 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
35 time(s)
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]

I don't watch too many tutorials, yours or others. This one however caught my eye as next PD release will probably be the turning point for me. Tutorial could have been so much better, first 10min spent on basic CL web page chart offering nothing more than what one could read at any time, no real added insight.

Around the 13:20 mark it was stated one gets all 3rd party plugins, pretty misleading, show me how to get NB Essentials II, III, IV....on and on, which CL has offered previously. In my view the pros and cons really left a lot to be desired for current users moving forward.

It will be interesting to see how the subscription model takes hold. Based on user comments through time of this posting, it looks like maybe 28:12 (Onetime : Subscription ratio). so actually, a good opportunity for CL to reverse course and capture user's vs competitive products, if that stat holds. I don't see that happening, already at PD17 the Director Suite was delisted from perpetual purchase. Based on CL charts like attached, it's obvious they think offering monthly candy will entice subscribers.

CL final summary:
"Turning to Subscription model will have short-term negative impact on revenue for 2019 but it can deliver better results in the long term with recurring revenue"

Jeff

Thanks for watching this one Jeff.

I'm also waiting to see how CyberLink rolls out future versions of the software. This new subscription model has really shaken things up quite a bit. Saying "all" third party plugins could be considered a "stretch" seeing that CyberLink doesn't include the NewBlueFX legacy plugins. Guess I should have said "current CyberLink compatible plugins" but if there are any plugins that I'm not aware of or less popular plugins that most people don't use then that would have been a stretch as well (can anyone say Pixelan plugins?). laughing

I'm not really sure that it makes sense for CyberLink to reverse its present course based on one data point (perpetual licenses vs subscriptions). CyberLink's present course is to offer both one-time payments and subscriptions. This gives them the best of both worlds. If CyberLink changes its present course and moves to a subscription only model that might cause people to abandon the program. For some reason many customers assume that CyberLink is moving to a subscription only model. IMHO CyberLink analyzed the subscription fiasco at Adobe and developed a solution that offered CyberLink customers options. CyberLink decided to offer a subscription model that differentiates itself by delivering tangible value which positions it as a high end product. CyberLink decided to address customers who want to own the product without monthly fees and delivered a stand-a-lone product. I hope I'm right but in the long run it may cost more to offer both options. Only time will tell.

If CyberLink does abandon the one-time option I definitely agree with your final summary. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
This one should do a few things to help elevate your brand and step up your video game. Check out this tutorial on How to make an Intro and announce yourself to the world!

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
This one's for all the glitch lovers in the house! Learn how to make the Glitch Transition Effect using PowerDirector 17.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sometimes you don't need no stinking menus! Learn how to make a DVD with no menus in PowerDirector 17.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Get your slide on! It's time to learn how to make creative slideshows using the Slideshow Creator with PowerDirector 17.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Make an awesome video in a few quick clicks using the Theme Designer i PowerDirector 17!

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Learn to make scary glowing eyes using PowerDirector 17 & 365.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Learn how to zoom into one of your collage images or videos using PowerDirector.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Learn how to make a quick instant zoom transition in PowerDirector 17 & 365.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Learn how to make a ghoulish ghost effect using PowerDirector.