Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Clean Title Templates (like iMovie)
AAO [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2018 14:49 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I had to make a sample title, couldn't resist wink since I understood my tips on creating titles helped by a photo editor was "dated". Well.....

It's mostly about keyframing when you want something clean and straight forward, not any 3D effect or perhaps gradients in motion. You may even leave out any drop shadows.
In this sample, I didn't add any (colored) square or circle graphic. Simply because I am not that enthusiastic about those things in a personal video. To me, those graphics are more what you use in a PowerPoint for a lecture or when you advertise something for sale.

Anyway......

https://vimeo.com/268434314

Cheers

Thanks, Nina. I'm going to try and learn more about this by using the references you provided and doing some experimenting. Do you know of anywhere that I can view and download templates that other users have created?
ArchedEdge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2017 11:14 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]

Hi AAO, some nice looking titles in the link you've supplied. The thing is, most of those great looking titles can be made within Power Director innocent It's a case of taking some time and finding out how to use the basic tools that are supplied with PD

Cheers

Dave.

While you could imitate the effect, I don't think there's any way to make them look as slick and professional as they are on that Vid link or on other video editing software.

People constantly mention key frame but I have yet to see any PD created titles that look as good as those examples - happy to be proven wrong though!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ArchedEdge -

Agreed - they're very slick & professional looking titles in that Motion Array sampler. Also agree with your earlier statement about stuff on DZ.

Remember that DZ contributors are not, as a rule, graphic artists. Nor are they using software that can do what Ae does! To make those slick, professional & "grown-up" titles you need two things: 1. a good eye & 2. software that matches it. Someone had to create those Ae templates & they were probably paid way more than DirectorZone contributors!!!

Side note about the Motion Array templates. You'd need a $28/mo After Effects plan & (at least) a $24/mo Motion Array plan. Minimum $624/yr investment.

As Nina & Kyle have stated, it's been shown in this thread that PDR is capable of building the "simpler" types of titles shown in the various links.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
ArchedEdge [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2017 11:14 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
As an aside, I found a good way to circumvent this.

If you just search "green screen title animations" on Youtube, people have uploaded loads of clips with animations from AE and others on to a green screen. Use PD to record the screen on HQ, then use the masking thing to green screen the recorded title onto your vid.

The actual words may not be as well animated but combining the 2 should make for a good compromise!
RickT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2018 19:14 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Great thread about titles. I also agree the titles available on DZ are pretty bad. Videohive has some really great title templates. I wish they offered versions editable in PD.
RickT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2018 19:14 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone know why when I select "Delete background" on some of these templates the left-third or lower-third of the background remains? As much as I like the lake with the pier, I'd prefer to put the titles on my own videos. :

Thanks!
Rick