Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Future PowerDirector Versions - Wish List/Suggestions (12/2016 to 3/2017)
[Post New]
Hi i am new here on this forum

we purchased PowerDirector 15 last Christmas and are impressed by the softwares stability and layout
Love the 360 Funktion

one thing i think is missing (we did not find this funktion)

are a Proxy video creation like the one in Movie Studio Platinum 13.0 (64-bit)
to day are doing automaticaly
it should be fine on a slow PC Proxy Video Editing is a process where you create lower quality Standard
Definition copies of your original HD videos and edit/create your
project in Sony Vegas Pro or Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum
using these lower quality versions. Then once you have finished all
your editing you then replace the SD Versions back with the original HD
Video files and render your project with them. Proxy Video Editing
should totally eliminate any lag in the Preview Window.

Note we are not on a Slow machinecool

Processor:Intel(R) CoreCTM) ¡7-5960X CPU @ 4.30GHz 3.00 GHz Installd RAM: 64,0 GB
Asus x99A motherbord, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 graphics card

But Editing HD 50 and 60 pps or several 4K streams at the same time the machine has to work quite hard

Regards Svendus

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jan 14. 2017 15:54

Svendus Blog
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
PD does have Proxy Editing. It has to be activated, will then generate SD files used for editing. These are automatically replaced by the original video for the final product. I edit in 4K and for longer than 10 min it is a must to do proxy editing.

It works great and the availability of PE was the main reason I bought PD11, now using PD14.

Eugene

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 16. 2017 00:15

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
[Post New]
Quote PD does have Proxy Editing. It has to be activated, will then generate SD files used for editing. These are automatically replaced by the original video for the final product. I edit in 4K and for longer than 10 min it is a must to do proxy editing.

It works great and the availability of PE was the main reason I bought PD11, now using PD14.

Eugene

EDIT: Moderators Feel free to move or delete this when we found the answer

Thank You Eugen157 Proxy files = Shadow files

but where is it activated ?

video-proxy

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 16. 2017 09:11

Svendus Blog
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Powerdirector new features generally follow the camera industry, and it is running out of places to go. It is time for more flexibility in the Themes, slideshows, and more plugins. When is the last time Cyberlink introduced a new slideshow template? Maybe a GIF creator module, too. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
You have it checked, "activate HD processing". The imported files in the library will show a green tick in the left lower part of the image when they have been converted to SD = shadow files..

It is automatic once HD processing is on but will take some time for the conversion. You have a choice of SD resolution, I use the highest.

I think the moderator should delete this exchange.

Eugene 73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
Matt Gregory [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 11, 2016 22:44 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
When I'm on the edit page and click Play, don't deselect what I have selected. It makes the software painful to use.
Matt Gregory [Avatar]
[Post New]
Give me a quick way to move the cursor to a timeline marker. Maybe the Seek By menu could have a Marker option.
Matt Gregory [Avatar]
[Post New]
Give me a button that will place the cursor at the point where I started playing before I stopped or paused.
Matt Gregory [Avatar]
[Post New]
When I'm previewing in that little docked window, let me go fullscreen without stopping playback and without having to undock the window first and then fullscreen.
[Post New]
It would be nice to be able to edit the text in Theme Designer, to use a different font, size and color.
AAMOF, I would think it would be imperative to put that feature in any new releases. I won't even dream of a patch
to fix it in PD15

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17. 2017 19:16

Matt Gregory [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ability to vertically zoom the wavefrom in the Automatic Beat Match Detection windows.
Matt Gregory [Avatar]
[Post New]
The ability to vertically zoom ANY waveform being displayed.
scardario [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2017 07:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, been using PD for a week and have enjoyed it a lot. Thank you.

I was expeting to use a lot of sequences of transparent PNGs in my videos but soon realized that, even when possible, it was not easy to do it. I finally found a way by modifying some XML files in a PIP folder, as I detail in this post:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/51017.page#post_box_267841

What makes the issue more frustrating is the lack of documentation, I had to compare samples of other PIPs in order to learn this, and even now there's a lot of variables and tags inside the XML that I don't know how to use.

What I'd really like is a feature inside the PIP Room to allow to create a PIP not only from an image, but also from a sequence of these. And some documentation aimed at artists and technical artists to learn to use and modify the XML structure by hand.

Other thing that I'd like to see is the ability to control a group of objects as a PIP. If I import a sequence of images I can transform each image but when I group them to manage them more easily I lose the ability to control them.

Another thing I'd like to see in a software like PD is the use of Transform Curves instead of manually entering "easy in" and "easy out" values since transform curves are easier to use and more convenient.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 18. 2017 18:56

[Post New]
I realize that balancing simplicity with raw power is sometimes a trick but in the video enhancement category, I think we need some raw power. When highlighting a clip and selecting the "Fix/Enhance" feature, the video enhancements are easy enough for a novice but lacking in muscle for those of us who have to work medium sized miracles with video problems.

I'd like to see real proc-amp functions as found in the professional broadcast world. For example, "Tint" is nice, but that's not the same as changing gain of each color channel.

I want to be able to both raise black levels and have video gain control. "Brightness" exists but does not change black level.

I want to be able to change gamma curves independently by color (RGB). NCH's VideoPad (a much inferior product to Power Director) does a nice job of this. Using the gamma controls in the FX room are helpful but can't be used to fix color balance problems in darker regions because there isn't independent color control.

There are elements in the FX room that help a little, but these are a real hassle because they don't travel with the clip if I move it to a different place or track and I can't figure out how to use multiple FX elements at once. I think video enhancement should be available all in one place and that should be in the Fix/Enhance area. Having to cheat by combining an FX element and enhancement is maddening as you have to switch between the two a lot just to get one clip dialed in.

I would propose that the Enhance -> Color Adjustment section have extra features added.

1. Black level

2. Video gain - It appears that this is what Brightness does. If not, I think Gain should be added.

3. Gamma correction - Three lockable channels should exist that allow curve control and ideally the inflection point as well. This could be made easy by illustrating the gamma curves and allowing a sliding point to be plced on the line and dragged with the mouse to set the inflection point and the depth/direction of the curve all at once.

4. If there is warmth to the gamma curves idea above, it would be REALLY cool to have handles on the bottom and top of each curve that allows the endpoints to be manually slid from side to side. This would effectively allow manual white and black balance control and with gamma control, mid tones could be independently balanced too. All from one simple interface.

Finally, the Contrast adjustment is good to have but it does not have enough range. I'd like a LOT more!

Thanks!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I realize that balancing simplicity with raw power is sometimes a trick but in the video enhancement category, I think we need some raw power. When highlighting a clip and selecting the "Fix/Enhance" feature, the video enhancements are easy enough for a novice but lacking in muscle for those of us who have to work medium sized miracles with video problems.

I'd like to see real proc-amp functions as found in the professional broadcast world. For example, "Tint" is nice, but that's not the same as changing gain of each color channel.

I want to be able to both raise black levels and have video gain control. "Brightness" exists but does not change black level.

I want to be able to change gamma curves independently by color (RGB). NCH's VideoPad (a much inferior product to Power Director) does a nice job of this. Using the gamma controls in the FX room are helpful but can't be used to fix color balance problems in darker regions because there isn't independent color control.
There are elements in the FX room that help a little, but these are a real hassle because they don't travel with the clip if I move it to a different place or track and I can't figure out how to use multiple FX elements at once. I think video enhancement should be available all in one place and that should be in the Fix/Enhance area. Having to cheat by combining an FX element and enhancement is maddening as you have to switch between the two a lot just to get one clip dialed in.
I would propose that the Enhance -> Color Adjustment section have extra features added.

1. Black level

2. Video gain - It appears that this is what Brightness does. If not, I think Gain should be added.

3. Gamma correction - Three lockable channels should exist that allow curve control and ideally the inflection point as well. This could be made easy by illustrating the gamma curves and allowing a sliding point to be plced on the line and dragged with the mouse to set the inflection point and the depth/direction of the curve all at once.

4. If there is warmth to the gamma curves idea above, it would be REALLY cool to have handles on the bottom and top of each curve that allows the endpoints to be manually slid from side to side. This would effectively allow manual white and black balance control and with gamma control, mid tones could be independently balanced too. All from one simple interface.

Finally, the Contrast adjustment is good to have but it does not have enough range. I'd like a LOT more!

Thanks!

Much of what you need is found in ColorDirector, a PD plugin. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
[Post New]
I wish to have an opportunity to mark key frame directly on the timeline. For opacity, audio volume etc. Exciter
kuhlmanck [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2017 14:31 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. Would it be possible to create a new hot key for users? I'd like to have a hotkey to toggle between three of the 'seek by' options like frame, second, minute.

Having this hotkey that I could program into an NLE controller like a ShuttlePRO would greatly speed up my workflow. Alternately, how about individual hotkeys for each of the 'seek by' options?

Would also appreciate a way to invoke the os-level keyboard-flush function to clear the buffer and command string, again from programmable NLE controllers. Kind of a 'stop everything' option.
MP1978 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2017 23:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Additions to future PD software:

1) Ability to compress video and upload to a Synology DSM

2) Have serveral more tutorials - can never have enough

3) More video enhancement options
Eugen157
[Post New]
Speed up Shadow File creation . PD hanoman tops out at 30%, make it adjustable or better yet use full CPU capacity when there is no editing activity.

Eugene

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 04. 2017 01:05

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
PD14,
[Post New]
Quote Much of what you need is found in ColorDirector, a PD plugin.

Color Director looks great, but it's overkill for what i need. It also costs about twice what I paid for Power Director 15 Ultimate just 2 weeks ago. I can see that there's little chance that Cyberlink will incorporate features into Power Director that will jeopardize the sales of Color Director but I really hate buying a car when seats, windows, and body parts cost extra. It seems to me that good color correction should be inherent in the base model.

I'm sorry to sound ungrateful because Power Director looks pretty cool, but $129 for Color Director is a lot to pay for what little I need from it.

Thanks anyway for the tip.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Quote Much of what you need is found in ColorDirector, a PD plugin.

Color Director looks great, but it's overkill for what i need. It also costs about twice what I paid for Power Director 15 Ultimate just 2 weeks ago.......Power Director looks pretty cool, but $129 for Color Director is a lot to pay for what little I need from it.
Thanks anyway for the tip.

The FX room, including a good number of New Blue FX plugins also offer a variety of fixes. But we should discuss this in a new thread if you have more questions. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)