Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MIDI Audio Files - Ditched!
TonyL [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Nr. Coventry, UK Joined: Oct 10, 2015 04:07 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Although not about the original topic (which I'm not going to mention) I felt it important to make the following points.

Further to my comments on SmartSound as I'd never used it in PD:

I've just checked it out in PD14 and I find that only 'Single Layer' tracks can be imported. For example "Inspiring Beauty" doesn't import into PD because it's multi-layer. So if you buy an album - only for use in PD - when there's a sale on, only select the 'Single Layer' category. It's very easy to add the tracks from the album to PD. Buying this way in much much more affordable than through PD. Once you buy from them you get an email when the the next sale is on.

Also, be aware that although an album has a given number of tracks, each track has a number of Variations. So in PD, the tracks are listed by song title on the left and the variations by icon on the right. So depending on the album you could for example get 10 tracks/songs with say 5 variations each (they do vary in number) - thus 50 pieces of music.

Please note I have no connection with SmartSound or CL. I'm just an ordinary punter.

A Request: Would someone with only the tracks/songs supplied with PD14 please PM me with the default list of the songs. My list includes songs I added checking out how it all works in PD. Thanks.

TonyL

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 04. 2016 05:09

Self build Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, 850EVO SSD, Asus 2GB GTX960, Win10H 64bit, PD14
iMac 27" Retina 5K i5, 24GB RAM, Radeon M295X 4GB, Bootcamp Win10H 64bit
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
TonyL,
I am also a big fan of Smartsound, but it has no connection at all to the topic of this thread. In addition your statement that PD cannot use multi-layer tracks is incorrect. If you wish to continue you should really find an existing SS thread, or start your own. This thread has run it's course.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 04. 2016 05:22

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT