Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 14 and nVidia
[Post New]
Quote: Hi SonicI have Nvidia GTX 980ti (SLI)...

(PS: I did try your Cuda files but it didnt work )...ThanksPrash

Of course they won't work, did you read my previous post?

Quote: That's just for nvidia cards from generations older than Kepler (equal or older of GT 5xx series or Quadro without K or M at beginning of their name). Basically you need to see the second picture that I have posted, the one that says "Enable CUDA".
Adding those files on a newer card will do nothing, PD will use the newer nvenc hardware and show "Enable OpenCL".
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Hi SonicI have Nvidia GTX 980ti (SLI)...

(PS: I did try your Cuda files but it didnt work )...ThanksPrash

Of course they won't work, did you read my previous post?

Quote: That's just for nvidia cards from generations older than Kepler (equal or older of GT 5xx series or Quadro without K or M at beginning of their name). Basically you need to see the second picture that I have posted, the one that says "Enable CUDA".
Adding those files on a newer card will do nothing, PD will use the newer nvenc hardware and show "Enable OpenCL".

You could use them if you register them.

First i downloaded and copied those files to its directories (system32 and sysWOW64)then i registered those dll's by simpling opening command promt as admin-> then typing-> "pushd c:\windows\system32" (without quotes)-> hit enter -> then typing "regsvr32 nvcuvenc.dll" -> hit enter.did the same to 64bit dll. -> "pushd c:\windows\syswow64" -> hit enter ->and then "regsvr32 nvcuvenc.dll" again

Not sure if it is better than Nvenc. I get same result for rendering.

OpenCL is slower and appear when using intel hd graphics card.
[Post New]
I agree that OpenCL is slower than CUDA in general.

I guess nVidia still hope to push CUDA as premier computing platform, as opposed to ATI that shifted their focus on OpenCL.
IMO encoding with the internal NVENC engine has benefits, especially if you would have the latest version (found on Maxwell 2 gen cards), just because it allows higher resolutions (CUDA encoding was not updated and will not be in the future) and leaves the CUDA cores 'free' to be used for effects (if you choose the GPU ones).

PS: Even after registering those dll's on my desktop, I still have the same OpenCL page and the encoding is done by Video Engine (NVENC), not CUDA.

The WOW64 folder is used by 32 bit software running under 64 bit OS, I don't think is used by PD14 64 bit...

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 06. 2016 11:34

[Post New]
Thanks Theolilou - it says there is side effect that preview will go black once you have done this workaround, but I always need preview window with HW encoding enable as I edit large and high res files (up to 4K) for my gaming channel. is there a way to have preview working normally with workaround in place?

PS: for clarification, my PC crashes with Blue screen of death (and not just PD14) if I enable hardware encoding when producing (even through it is available)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 07. 2016 04:01

PROHDGaming Subcribe @ http://bit.ly/1650GFv