Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A/V separation in 14 LIVE!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Scene: 2 hours later.
OPTO! Dude!
Waaaaaazup?
I love you, man (hiccup)....
Jeffffreeeeeee! You are a freakin' PEEDEE Shogun Warrior Jedi (hiccup)....I love you, man,,.hiccup....rrrrrrraaaaallllppppphhhhhh..... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Right, but Barry didn't unlink the audio nor did he edit the audio after the unlink happened. It seems very much like the PD12 issue has resurfaced

One can only wait and see. More people that report having issues will indicate a repeat of the same issue. This has happended many times in the past release to release so won't be a first.

Optodata, you appear to know exactly what Barry has done so one should easily recreate if that's the case, I don't. My comments based on:
1) For Barry’s 4 clips that have the timeline shift issue, when each clip is highlighted, both the video and the audio highlight indicating that each clip did not get unlinked. So the A never left the V as stated in OP. They are linked, so yes Barry didn't unlink them as they are still linked in PD. When unlinked each item is individually selectable, that is not the case here.

2) The timeline shift of audio to video for all 4 clips is 3/10 of a video frame. Even the audio transition shifted 3/10 frame. Coincident or perhaps a edit issue? All 4 clips affected on the same track, again coincident or a edit issue? Most things I noticed in PD12 of this issues was the difference between audio and video frame shift was only a 1/10 frame shift, not 3/10 as here.

3) Three other video clips on two different timelines unaffected so this issue appears to be track dependent, not timeline dependant.

4) In a latter post Barry says he noticed it when he reopened the project. Ok, depending on what part of the timeline one was perhaps zoomed in on and working when PD was closed, when the issue really occurred may not be obvious. Issue most obvious when project was reopened as one always sees timeline in its entirety and sees the non-uniform color on those 4 clips. So, did his 4 clips really just shift in time the exact same amount when he noticed it when the project was opened? Could it have happened prior and go unnoticed?

Many user instances can create this type of linked but slid appearance, for instance, the situation can easily happen anytime anyone locks the video track. If a small sliver is cleaned up from the audio track, all video clips downstream have slid audio but remain linked. They are not unlinked, they remain linked, just time shifted.

What really happened, I don’t know as I was not there.

Jeff
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Just to be clear, I did not do ANYTHING to unlink the files. It's not a complex project, I can plainly see where my A/V files are and what they are doing.
They were un-linked ( yet linked, we all know what the error is) upon reopening the project, I noticed it immediately.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2015 19:27

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just to be clear, I did not do ANYTHING to unlink the files. It's not a complex project, I can plainly see where my A/V files are and what they are doing.
They were un-linked ( yet linked, we all know what the error is) upon reopening the project, I noticed it immediately.

Just curious, are these other shifts between non connected audio and video real or also just happen when opening? Two samples shown in attached clip but others as well. By default when one adds audio to a timeline it would position in at a video frame. One does not have the 1/10 frame audio adjustment capability until after the audio is dropped in the timeline. So more often than not this added audio aligns with a video frame, even when trimmed it's trimmed on a video frame. The common way to get a 1/10 frame audio adjustment is to manually slide it.

If these all just happended too, maybe it will give CL something more to ponder on what initiated the shift.

Jeff

Added Info: Pretty odd to me, I think out of the 11 added audio files not one of them is at a video frame. Everyone of them shifted a partial video frame. The shift I had.
8/11 shifted 3/10 video frame
2/11 shifted 1/10 video frame
1/11 shifted 5/10 video frame

I think this would be handy for Dafydd or Barry to pass to CL concerning this ticket.
[Thumb - Shifts.png]
 Filename
Shifts.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
506 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
69 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 23. 2015 20:33

BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I'll grant that I have no idea if the audio is lining up with the video visually incorrect, but in real terms, just fine. I cannot tell any difference when playing, it's subtle, if anything. With the PPM in hand, others may chime in opinions/observations.
All I know is upon reopening, the files were unlinked, and I never ordered that command. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Jeff,
this apparent un-linking has been an issue for several years, have you not experienced it?
The files APPEAR un-linked, but the various buttons to enter editing functions DO NOT APPEAR! One has to actually command the un-linking to regain the various control buttons.
All this added info about 1/10 frames and such is not getting to my brain properly (Captain!), I just know that when I drop a video file into a timeline, it should not produce this error, and it is an error.
It does not always affect EVERY file in EVERY timeline, and it's been a thorn in the arse of PD for way too long. Hiccup...

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)