CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems with Power Director 14
Reply to this topic
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, AlS!

I don't think I'll worry about it. The Windows 10 icon at the botom-righ on my screen my well disappear of its on accord eventually anyway!

Cheers, Neil.
Edward [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 10, 2016 13:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Here's how I fixed the problem. Didn't turn off anti-virus or firewalls.

I ran regedit, looked under Cyberlink, PowerDirector 14, UserReg.

Product_Activate said OnlineCheck. I changed it to say LocalServer.

Everything worked!
BigRob007 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 11, 2016 13:42 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
My PD14 Ultra decided 3min into the project (on the timeline) to stop offering me the option to edit my video clips! I can no longer adjust resolution (brightness, contrast, color saturation)...NOTHING! I contacted support with a 'ticket' 24hrs ago. No response yet.

Does anyone else out there have an unresolved issue after submitting a complaint about PD14? Especially if it's the same issue I'm having?

I'll keep you posted on my success (or lack thereof).
Anton [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 19, 2016 08:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue!! None of the editing functions work, except on the very first video on my timeline. All others, NADA!! Answer from tech support was not nearly a solution, in fact didn't make any sense at all. Stuck now!!
Rod [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 21, 2016 00:20 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I'm trying to use PowerDirector 14 Capture with a Logitech C920 HD webcam [set to Lossless (large file size) video] - but cannot bring up an image or start Capture. When I click on the red record button I get the following message: 'Cyberlink PowerDirector could not start the recording process...
Does anyone use a C920 with Capture and if you it would be appreciated if you could share setting, setup details etc.
Cheers
IgorTFerreira [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil Joined: Jul 06, 2016 22:59 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Here's how I fixed the problem. Didn't turn off anti-virus or firewalls.

I ran regedit, looked under Cyberlink, PowerDirector 14, UserReg.

Product_Activate said OnlineCheck. I changed it to say LocalServer.

Everything worked!

I got PowerDirector 14 four days ago, was trying to activate it but it was getting the error msg:"cyberlink powerdirector was not activated because a connection to the activation server site:www.cyberlink.com". The reply of Edward solved my problem!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR SHARING THE SOLUTION! !
Elisabeth [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 13, 2016 08:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue with the C920 webcam + PD14.

Edward's solution I cannot apply; I cannot find UserReg in the PD14 folder in regedit...

Also, the program works when I import stuff into it, so I assume the activation proces was okay. It must be something else.

Anyone?
Elisabeth [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 13, 2016 08:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue with the C920 webcam + PD14.

Edward's solution I cannot apply; I cannot find UserReg in the PD14 folder in regedit...

Also, the program works when I import stuff into it, so I assume the activation proces was okay. It must be something else.

Anyone?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6258 Offline
[Post New]
Elisabeth – You need to start a new topic with details on what problems that you are having to get help. This original post is about the screen recorder with windows 10.
Reply to this topic