Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
can the TRIAL version do this
disgusted [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 08, 2009 23:31 Messages: 64 Offline
[Post New]
all i have is 6 pictures as a test.

each one is a chapter where an avi video will eventually go.

here is the early four chapter? title?

disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
just to make it clear.
when the video opens - it opens to a menu with 6 links.
a video is playing in the menu.
text OR picture but not both.
click on a link and it plays the ONE video then returns to the menu.
that is it. no next etc buttons needed.
how do I do this?

also when I put the 16x9 video in the menu I get "aspect ratio of imported video does not match that of the disc menu"
as the menu is wide - I guess I ignore this.
I have been making videos in other softwares for about 10 years. successfully.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi disgusted -

I'm totally unclear about what your question is embarassed

How the menu functions is completely dependent on a number of factors - whether you're using chapters or titles, how many buttons per page are built into the menu, other choices you've made in designing the menu... and etc.

Members could probably offer a few tips if it was clear how your project is set up (6 chapters), what the menu properties are (e.g. number of buttons per page) & how you want the menu to function on the disc.

Could you upload that menu to DirectorZone? (it looks like it has only 1 button per page) and give specifics about what you want it to do?

You can make it look like there's no text/labels by making it transparent

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 24. 2015 15:53

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
Do you think if they really tried they could make a more meaningless on less useful warning?

any ideas anyone?

thanks

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
How much video (time) are you trying to put on a disc? Are you using good quality discs (not Memorex or store brands).

Are you absolutely positive that the "items" icons are not overlapping (they are bigger than they look).

Trouble Shooting: Try making an ISO file or a folder set. If those complete then it might be a burner issue. If they complete, then you can burn (not copy) the ISO or folder set to the disc. If they don't complete then there is a problem in your project that will have to be corre3cted.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 24. 2015 18:28

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks stevek
I even tried with just a simple avi file.
got a useless error message.
put it in pinnacle and it worked fine.
same file
same computer
same drive
SAME disc.

next I will try the ynotfish posts.
disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
Could you upload that menu to DirectorZone?
how do I do that?
let me try again to make this clear.
theres 6 avi files.
are they titles or chapters?
the video opens to a page with 6 links.
one to each chapter then it SHOULD go back to the start.
what else can I say to make this simple project clear enough for you?

all i need is a page/screen/ or whatever this software calles it with 6 buttons to click as links. then it should go back to the start.

the light blue picture with plane etc is a video.

AND how do i get rid of the title and the arrows etc.

how do i get rid of the pictures that are links. (see bottom pic) i just need words. i would prefer to use my pictures as links.(without text)

thanks all

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27. 2015 17:41

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi disgusted -

That's a mountain of questions. Fair enough. Maybe you can help with some answers too.

Could you upload that menu to DirectorZone? How do I do that?

In Menu Preferences, select the menu you want to upload & click on the "Upload" button...

""""

If you're in Menu Designer, click Share

Are they titles or chapters?

If you set up chapters in the Edit module, they're chapters. If you imported separate videos into Create Disc > Content, they're titles. If you click on Menu Structure in Create Disc, you'll be able to tell. Chapter structure looks different to Titles - see https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45172.page#233154

From your earlier screenshots, you have a project with chapters - & THAT'S why "Play the selected title" isn't working for you. I think I mentioned that earlier ""laughing""

All I need is a page/screen/ or whatever this software calles it with 6 buttons to click as links. Then it should go back to the start.

Yes - you'll get that by not including a Root Menu BUT it will only return to the start after each video IF you have imported titles. i.e. get rid of the chapters

AND how do i get rid of the title and the arrows etc.

You can make the title 100% transparent in the text formatting part of Menu Designer - no shadows or borders. If you have no root menu, import titles and have "Play selected title only" checked... there won't be any visible navigation buttons.

How do i get rid of the pictures that are links. I just need words. I would prefer to use my pictures as links (without text)

Sorry - that is totally confusing. Do you want text without thumbnails? If so, just select "Text Only" in Menu Designer (Chapter page).

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27. 2015 19:21

disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
sadly the share button is not there? trial?
i just put the avi fies on the time line and went to chapers and put chapters in.
i assume that is chapters.
"not including a Root Menu BUT it will only return to the start after each video IF you have imported titles"
so NOW we know it wont do what i need even with the full version!
in the lower picture above i don't wanrt pictures (they have numbers in them) AND titles.
so if you would please go to my original question- without all the confusion. can the trial AND the full version do what i need.
the video opens (with the video playing behind the buttons.) six buttons. each lead to a CHAPTER and then go back to the menu.
thanks very much
ynotfish
[Post New]
NO - not with chapters

YES - with imported titles

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27. 2015 23:01

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: all i need is when the DVD starts there is a title and 6 links. each goes to video.

no next, previous etc buttons

so far nogo

thanks

Yes, the full version can do as attached.

Download the attached rar file. Uncompress, burn iso image to DVD with your favorite utility or basic Windows Disc Image Burner, view created DVD on player or PC.

Is that what you want, if so yes PD did do that with Titles, not Chapters.

Jeff
 Filename
showme.rar
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
18821 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
168 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27. 2015 23:10

ynotfish
[Post New]
Nice job Jeff!

disgusted - Jeff's .ISO file shows how that menu & structure functions.

This screen capture shows how to get it.

Cheers - Tony
disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
ynotfish
thanks but your picture did not show up.
JL_JL thanks for the show me. have not unzipped it yet.
only 10 days trial left.
note here in Canada the software sells on amazon for $99 so cybers ad of 70% off for $85 is a bit disingenuous!
disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
the showme did not work.
looks very nice and is probably what I need. yes I got the iso and tried to run the video ts file

i imported the files and tried it but the video ran but the links did not.
but I assume for what I need I DO NOT put the avi files on the timeline. just straight into the disc!
thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 28. 2015 13:08

ynotfish
[Post New]
The .ISO file Jeff provided worked exactly as intended when I burnt it to DVD using imgburn. Each link in the menu played then returned to the menu.

I assume for what I need I DO NOT put the avi files on the timeline. just straight into the disc!

It's unnecessary to make any assumptions. That's what the *video* showed. Import the titles directly into Create Disc.

Cheers - Tony
disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
the video did not show anything because I did not know what to do with it!
NOW I will try and burn the iso file with imgburn
thanks
disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
as expected the imgburn was a complete failure.
what settings should I use?
thanks

no other software knows what to do with it either

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 28. 2015 14:55

disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
how do I replicate the showme file with my files.
thanks
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi disgusted -

I don't know why we're having so much difficulty communicating! Jeff's example shows how the menu will function exactly as you want. The video I posted shows the exact steps to take in PDR to make it happen.

There's a screen shot attached showing the 2 main steps in burning the .ISO file to disc.

If you follow the steps in the video (have you watched it yet?) and apply those steps to your own project, you'll get a menu that does what you want.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - ISO to disc.png]
 Filename
ISO to disc.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
150 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
38 time(s)

disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
"If you follow the steps in the video (have you watched it yet?)" (assuming you mean showme) no. have not been able to run the file.
"The video I posted shows the exact steps to take in PDR to make it happen. " I looked again at your posts and did not see any video.
thanks
disgusted [Avatar]
[Post New]
ynotfish following your instructions I made the disc . it works. it shows just what I need.
but of course it does not show HOW to make it.
thanks
PS remember your screen capture does not show any image.