Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Latest AMD driver - no hardware acceleration
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I am not advocating that users roll back to the previous amd driver as you see in the posts here. Some users have problems trying. I am keeping the 15.x drivers as they work with my other software. The fix I got after their debugging is to allow the older PD installed on my pc to start and run without HA using the later amd drivers.

Expected an official announcement from Cyberlink on the use of the amd drivers but don't see it in the FAQ yet. Don't know if Cyberlink India based support is supplying the fix for the older versions of PD as I don't see any more posts concerning the issue in the forums.

JL_JL - If you start a support ticket about your pc with the amd card, see what they reply as of now. I did not want to post any fix that is not official from Cyberlink. I thought that they should be the ones to announce all this by now.

I prefer to use svrt, and cpu over hardware encoding, and the intel HA is available to me so it is not a big issue to me anymore.
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
I bought PD13 SPECIFICALLY for hardware encoding. I transcode a LOT of .wtv files so I want speed. I'll stick with the older drivers. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
RedneckEinstein [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 26, 2015 15:10 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I did submit a ticket and got the reply to enable hardware accelration in options etc....same old nonsense. I even told them my PC specification - AMD 7950GPU 3GB RAM, latest catalyst drivers, etc etc and the best they could tell me was to enable it in the options....obviously with no success. Their support is atrocious.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The fix I got after their debugging is to allow the older PD installed on my pc to start and run without HA using the later amd drivers.

I usually think of a "fix" as not losing capability, but I guess the use here is more like being neutered. Yes, it may not affect you since you say you always use SVRT, CPU, or QS for your encoding but I'd hardly call the ability to run without HA a "fix" for general users.

I'll await for this official CL announcement to learn a little more, I predominantly use Nvidia GPU's and only threw in the AMD GPU as a learning exercise to have a look at this issue.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Apparently there's a new beta release from AMD that's supposed to address the codec/acceleration issue. Maybe some of you more adventurous types can give it a spin. I don't have an AMD card, otherwise I'd take the hit for you guys

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Apparently there's a new beta release from AMD that's supposed to address the codec/acceleration issue. Maybe some of you more adventurous types can give it a spin. I don't have an AMD card, otherwise I'd take the hit for you guys

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

One look at it was here in PD14 and not real exciting.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45474.page

Jeff
matrixman9999 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2015 17:16 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to stay ahead of the curve and build a machine suited to PD13/14, I figure best way is to ask existing users.

I have an AMD 7790 card and just upgraded the CPU 4930K. Have not put in video card yet as trying to determine most stable version of AMD drivers before I go down the path or trial and error. I seem to have found from this forum and others now that 14.9 or 13.12 are likely the best set of drivers.

I hear 13.12 are rock solid. Can others comment on that please and let me know.

Also any other tips on settings for AMD as one user pointed out to turn off AMD OverDrive setting.

See here in this thread for Neat Video cleaning filter tool, seems they also identified similar issues as users here posted about PD13 and suggest 14.9

I saw another user here settled on 14.4 as had uninstall issues. Looks like might be an issue for PD users on version 14.4 - see here. I have been told best way to install drivers is to use the DDU uninstaller before trying to install a different driver version.

Also would be very helpful if folks put their system setup in their signature and indicated the driver version also running on. I am often on an overclocking forum and its standard their and very helpful when having thread discussions on issues.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 26. 2015 06:31

Win 7 64, GA-X79-UD5, Core i7-4930K CPU @ 4GHz, AMD 7790 (planned with 13.12 driver), 16Gb DDR3 1600, 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, LG BluRay Writer