CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issue Resolved -- PowerDirector 13 64 bit and Title Templates.
Reply to this topic
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5347 Offline
[Post New]
Mickey Ann – This 2 year old post was meant for stevek who was using PD13 at the time. PD15 has 4 different aspect ratios compared to the 2 for PD13. Try this: Temporarily set the aspect ratio to 16:9. Perform the 3 steps. The name that you are looking for is highlight 1, not highlight 1.dzp. Repeat the above with the aspect ratio changed to 4:3. Do not use 9:16 or 2.

Glad that you found using Reply to this topic is better than using Reply which clutter up the forum posts with the unedited repeated previous typing which is not necessary.

P.S. Produce the slideshow first. Use highlight box 1 only on the produced slideshow placed back on the timeline. Producing the slideshow the first time works with the photos only.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 31. 2017 12:31

MickeyAnn [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Ohio Joined: May 30, 2017 13:36 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
OMG! So simple! THANK YOU!!! At first I read your email and didn't understand .....I read it a few more times....I AM a newbie for sure...so finally, I opened up my Power Director program and found the aspect ratio on the very top line of info, and it shows 16:9. So, I changed it to 4:3 and then, clicked on the T (title icon) on the left side panel and my template IS IN THERE!!!.......and a lot of other ones that were not in there before. Whew!

I have one question now....do I have this right? I make my slideshow and produce it. Then go back and put my template in and it is 4:3 and my show will be 16:9? This template will be my opening photo, the TITLE for my show. Then do I produce it again? Are you saying that 4:3 and 16:9 cannot be MIXED in a slide show.....in other words, some of each? ....and there can only be ONE aspect ratio in a show? Thanks again, your help is truly appreciated. MickeyAnn
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5347 Offline
[Post New]
Glad that you got it! You can produce the 16:9 slideshow first. Remove everything on the timeline and place that produced slideshow on the timeline. Temporarily change the aspect ratio to 4:3. Get the 4:3 templates you want and place them on the timeline where you want them. Change the aspect ratio back to 16:9. You can then modify and make whatever changes you want on the timeline before producing again in 16:9.

Most templates are available in 16:9 and can be obtained in the DZ so you don’t need to change the aspect ratio to get them from the media rooms.
MickeyAnn [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Ohio Joined: May 30, 2017 13:36 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I can't thank you enough! Take care...MickeyAnn.
David Yen [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 26, 2017 22:27 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have just recently bought a new laptop (with Windows 10) and installed PD15.

I transferred a video project from my old to my new laptop, and have managed to recreate the project.

However, I am having problems when it comes to downloading templates. I go to the website and download the dzt or dzm file, but when I try to open it I get the error message:

"The downloaded menu template cannot be intalled because some files are missing or the file is corrupted. Try downloading it again or select another template.
The file is broken. Please try downloading again"

I have effect extractor, and when I click the file and select open with effect extractor, I receive the same message. I have tried with other files, like titles etc. but had the same. I tried temporarily changing the aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3, and I have also tried selecting only the most recent templates in case it is an issue of compatilibility with older versions of PD. All to no avail, however. I'm wondering what I should do now?

Just for info, when trying to download it directly into the PD app, in each case it reaches 89% instlled and then stops

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 26. 2017 23:00

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have just recently bought a new laptop (with Windows 10) and installed PD15.

You should have started a New topic post as this original post was for PD13 and resolved 2 years ago. You can always do an uninstal, reboot, do a reinstall and reboot. You can do a new topic post if this did not solve your problem.
David Yen [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 26, 2017 22:27 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
ok thanks.

I'll give it a go. If it doesn't work I'll start a new topic
Reply to this topic