Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 13 broke PowerDirector 10
James57 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 05, 2014 05:34 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I just installed pd13, and it killed pd10. But to be honest I have 11,12 and now 13 on this computor so its no biggie, Dont think i have used 10 since i installed 12. My reason for not removing the previous version was that the later versions can be buggy to start with as has been the case with 13 yet again.
Julien Pierre [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Apr 14, 2011 01:34 Messages: 476 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Why re-install old versions that you'll likely not need to use?

Mainly because I'm obsessed with comparing performance, and I got a new GPU to play with yesterday - Maxwell 750Ti.

I am now able to have PD9 through PD13 all on the same box. I will post some performance results with various nVidia GPUs .

If I were to choose a version to install again I think it would be PowerDirector 8. PDR8, 'cos it's more basic that the later versions and had an older type of approach that would compliment a newer version.
Dafydd

I'm not sure if I really care for PD8 because it is 32 bit only. I also have PD6. I only skipped PD7.

Julien
MSI X99A Raider
Intel i7-5820k @ 4.4 GHz
32GB DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte nVidia GTX 960 4GB
480 GB Patriot Ignite SSD (boot)
2 x 480 GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD (striped)
6 x 1 TB Samsung 860 SSD (striped)

2 x LG 32UD59-B 32" 4K
Asus PB238 23" HD (portrait)