Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Jerky .MOV in PD
[Post New]
I assumed that your location is in Phoenix, AZ. So NTSC would be the assumption to go for.
If you make DVD's in PAL and view on a NTSC TV from a DVD-player that will output NTSC video from PAL disc, you will definitely get jerkiness...
Watercolorwilly [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Phoenix Joined: Mar 13, 2011 11:35 Messages: 211 Offline
[Post New]
Hold on. Here is what Tech Support just instructed me to solve my problem. What do you think? Is this better than using 24 FPS film? Note my question at the very end.

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

"I understand that you have a Canon camera that creates .MOV video clips with 23.976 FPS but when you try to preview these clips or when you ceate a DVD with these clips, the playback is not smooth.

In regards to your concern, I would suggest you to please follow the below mentioned steps :

1) Launch PowerDirector and set the timeline frame rate to 30 fps.

2) Import your .MOV clips in PowerDirector and drag them to timeline.

You will get a Frame rate conflict error message in PowerDirector software.

I would like to inform you that this message occur if the format(NTSC/PAL) of imported video is differ then the TV Format setting in PowerDirector.

Please note that you can ignore this message, as it is not an error as this is just a indication provided to the user, that he/she is importing a video with different frame rate. If you don't want this message to be displayed, you may disable it from the preferences under confirmation tab.

3) Now, please go to "Produce tab".

Select MP4 under AVC format and click on "+" symbol to create a custom profile and adjust settings.

Now, select "video" tab in Quality profile setup and change the frame rate to 23.976.

4) Click on OK.

5) Now, click on "start" to produce your file.

6) After the production is completed, click on back to edit page link.

7) Now, select "new workspace" from the file option avaialable on top left of your screen.

Drag the produced file from midea library (with name Produce.mp4) on the timeline.

9) Go to "Create disc" tab and burn your DVD."

I'm not sure of all these steps. If half of my project contains still shots with pans, zooms, and transitions, do I create a video of it all, or just the video clips that I import to my original project. I'm getting confused again.

Bill Bill Seifert
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-2022
8 core
AMD Radeon
Windows 11, 16 GB RAM