CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How can I access downloaded files once installed??
paulyai
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 26, 2010 14:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I download pip objects and in the middle of downloading it says the template is invalid, no reason why or aspect ratio warnings.
I have PD 7 and set the ratio 16:9 and choose only 16:9 objects.

It's time for CYBERLINK to give us an answer on why downloads aren't valid or why we're not given a choice of where to save downloads
ChaBJ
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 27, 2010 11:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I got same problem when I try to import what I just downloaded from dz. It says the template is invalid. I already changed the name of file downloaded to xxx.dzt but It isn't work.

Please help me
Roberto
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 14, 2010 02:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am in PowetDirector 8.0 and am a new user. This was frustrating me too. But I have figured it out in half and hour and hope that this simple, step by step, summary is of some use.

1: Download files to a directory or sub-directory of your choosing
2: Double click each downloaded file (which will automatically install the title in the correct folder for use)
3: Cliok of the Director's Chair in the top left-hand corner of your screen
4: Select 'Edit'
5: Change Aspect Ratio to 4:3
6: You may find some of your downloaded titles in the PiP Objects Room [F5 key] and some in the Particle Room [F6 key]. These rooms may be accessed by clicking the third and fourth icons respectively in the column of icons below the Director's Chair icon.

Hasta luego

Sergiophoenix1911
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 29, 2010 14:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys, I am very new at this. My question is simple and please SAVE me! Well I am downloading the effects but when i try to import them into powerdirector my pc tells me there is an error occuring or even when I try to double click the file (as the website tells us after the download) it sais I dont have the appropriate program for it, but I do and changed it through Properties. Please tell me what to do. Thank you very much
nedrob
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 19, 2010 07:12 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. Version 8 of Power Director. None of the objects I downloaded will load. Either I get the aspect error message (which is wrong since when I change to the other aspect I still get the error) or I get an error that there was an error.

Please provide real help. You have not yet provided any help whatsoever to solve the problem.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9786 Offline
[Post New]
Hey nedrob -

When you say you, do you know we're just people like you? Read the bit at the top of the page. We are just forum members.

It says: * CyberLink Customer Support do (even though they meant does) not respond on the forum. For all direct enquires, please contact Support here.

How to get FX with just a few clicks

1. Choose your effect from DirectorZone

2. Double click it to open the download page

3. Click Download Now and you get this...

4. This pops up

5. Open PD and there it is...

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more. Subscribe!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 19. 2010 11:04

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Tony,

"You" did a fine job explaining that.

You got to love using graphics!!

Kevin

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
heddybell
Member Private Message Joined: Mar 21, 2010 22:11 Messages: 121 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again Tony - just read that rude response to 'you'! I can't begin to imagine what goes through some people's minds when they ask 'you' a question and are not pleased with 'your' response! I agree with Captain Kevin - 'you' did a fine job there with your answer! I notice you have not had as yet a thank you for your detailed response? Can I just say "Thank you" for I found your detailed tutorial really helpful.
Heddybell
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9786 Offline
[Post New]
Thank YOUZ both!

I suppose it would be easy enough for people to think, at first, that this forum was "peopled" by CyberLink employees or contractors, even though it says:

This forum is a place for DirectorZone members to share their experience and opinions. at the top.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
I've just installed PD8, I tried to download a Particle Effect (well a few) from DZ. I saved them to a folder but when I go to them and double click on one I get an error window saying "Windows does not recognise this file type, I then choose to browse to a program (PD but after a while I get the message saying that the file it is looking for does not exist. HELP
Gareth [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 20, 2010 10:50 Messages: 0 Offline
[Post New]
All

I have read your responses and I have PD 8 and have tried everything and cannot get the the Templates from DZ to stick.

Can someone please help me

Gareth
[Post New]
I think I'll go back to Roxio, it makes more sense than this POC.

Also, anybody know how to save a project in something other than the PD format?
[Post New]
Why do my PDS file not burn? Been trying for hours?
[Post New]

Hello, How are you? I'm falling for my Powerdirector menus, but when I double click to install the following message appears: "an error occurred opening this media file in the media library. What's happening? someone could help me?
[Post New]

Another Problem: I can not burn my project to DVD. in the end always enjoy a mistake
Benjamin [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 14, 2011 15:26 Messages: 0 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: i agree. i have the same dilemma. i cant use or open the effect that i downloaded. im also using power director ultra. what should i do? please...

so how did yall fix this problem? also i have a music video i want to upl;oad but cant upload it somehow
Roy Bissell [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 14, 2011 03:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I'm new but have used this for a while also other editing/butning software ! I have similar problem to many others - I get the stuff but when I try to use it in PD I can only find DZM files and none of the DZT or others what can I do ?
Cliff [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 19, 2011 11:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've got V9 and none of the todays downloaded menus have downloaded into V9. Whats going on here ? it worked before.
Pauline [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 24, 2012 16:23 Messages: 0 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hey nedrob -

When you say you, do you know we're just people like you? Read the bit at the top of the page. We are just forum members.

It says: * CyberLink Customer Support do (even though they meant does) not respond on the forum. For all direct enquires, please contact Support here.

How to get FX with just a few clicks

1. Choose your effect from DirectorZone

2. Double click it to open the download page

3. Click Download Now and you get this...

4. This pops up

5. Open PD and there it is...

I recently upgraded to Power Director 9. I had no problems downloading & installing any PiP's Titles etc. when I first upgraded to PD9 but now I can't install ANY of the files. I have followed all of the above, just as I previously did in PD8 & PD9 but the files will not install any longer. I am receiving the following error message on every single PiP, Title etc. file:

Any ideas on what the problem may be and how to fix it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 24. 2011 01:14

Iwonna [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 04, 2012 22:07 Messages: 0 Offline
[Post New]
How to take videos from YouTube to Power Director? Thanks!!!
JM [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 02, 2011 17:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This subject seems to have been addressed a few times, but I am still having trouble with many Particle and PiP objects. After downloading and successfully installing, the recent objects do not appear in my PD9. Example: My default aspect ratio is 16:9. I download Audience.dzp, which is clearly marked 16:9, and successfully install it. It does not appear in DZ, so I manually try to install it from within the Particle Room, only to be warned that "The imported template’s aspect ratio is 4:3 while your project’s 16:9". I switch my project’s Aspect Ratio to 4:3 just to test, and get the same error, however now it accuses the imported template’s aspect ratio of being 16:9, while my project ratio is 4:3. Although I am able to use a few of the objects I download, this is happening on the majority of the objects I import. I have several theories; Either they are buggy objects, there’s a snafu in my PD9, or I’m a moron. And accepting the fact that I am pretty much a moron anyway, that leaves only the first 2 choices. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

John.