Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video computer build
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
An additional thought,

When I do render the videos I do them in the AVCHD format. That I believe is about the best format. The size of the video files will be in the multiple gigabytes - not good for sending back an forth over the internet.

Alan
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
For a sample, we would only need 10-20sec which shouldn't be that large. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Right now you can see some samples at this web site. This is the manufacturer of the retro-8 website.

http://www.moviestuff.tv/

Alan
Jimbo223 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 25, 2012 02:59 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks acg, I'll keep in touch.
10-20 sec AVHCD files would be brilliant if possible.
I think I could handle downloading that.

Looking at your quote options, I know you've got an SSD in there but what about a separate drive for rendering?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 25. 2014 12:25

acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Looking at two 480GB, 720GB or 1TB SSD drives. One for OS one for processing data.

On the website I gave you look in their forum - someone has made a sample capture from the retro-8 and posted in their forum.

Alan
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
You get the high end SSD drives and you pay as much for them as you do for the rest of the computer.

I guess you just have to balance the system to your need.

May wait until I see what the Retro-8 does first - the computer I have now will process OK just slow.

I have about 200 reels stacked up ready to go.

Nothing else to do in this cold/snowy weather being retired - in IA.

Regards,

Alan