CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
► ADR Suggestions - Please Contribute :)
Reply to this topic
BriBones
Newbie Private Message Location: Puget Sound, Washington, USA Joined: Apr 05, 2014 00:08 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Please provide a simple way to split one long mp3 audio file into separate tracks/files.

I can currently use Audacity to split a 60 minute mp3 into separate mp3 files. I could do that in under 15 minutes. I have spent the last 3 hours attempting this using ADR 6. It is absolutely crazy that I must load the full file, delete everything that is not the first track and Produce. Reload the full file, delete everything that is not in the second track and product it. Repeat for the rest of the tracks.

ADR has lots of power, but for me it is nearly useless as splitting a file into tracks is mostly what I do. I'm going back to using Audacity until this feature is added to ADR.

Brian
[Post New]
Hello Brian,

There are some quick & simple ways to do that in ADR.

I've posted some image guides here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24693.page#261684

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
BriBones
Newbie Private Message Location: Puget Sound, Washington, USA Joined: Apr 05, 2014 00:08 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pix,

Your images show how to split the big mp3. It is the next step that I have yet to find. How do I save each track as its own mp3 file?

I tried moving each split to its own track in waterfall form. Produce still made one big MP3 file.

I tried moving each split to its own track all starting together. That really didn't work. The tracks played on top of each other in the resulting big mp3.

Is the answer that for each track in Ecit and produce that? When I tried that I got one big mp3 of the whole audio and then ADR crashed and burned. I sent the crash info to tech support.
 Filename
AudioDirector Cascading tracks.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Separate tracks each starting after the previous track
 Filesize
26 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
234 time(s)
Brian
[Post New]
Quote: There REALLY needs to be an ability to save presents. For the equalizer, and dynamic range settings amongst other things.

Quote:
  1. Ability to save custom effect settings - MOST WANTED !

Hi Shaoling, miksh7,

v7 adds what you want (although it is not mentioned in the product page...), you may get the free trial to check

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/audiodirector/download_en_US.html?affid=2581_1258_540

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 16. 2016 09:40

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3, 16GB DDR3, GeForce GTX960, 512GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro 64bit
[Post New]
Well spotted and reported the King!

In AudioDirector 7, most adjustments under Edit > Apply Effect can be saved as custom presets

""

Essentially, whenever you see the Advanced settings icon (gear) your adjustments can be saved for future application.

""

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
NickMcCamy [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Austintown, OH Joined: Dec 06, 2016 12:53 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to be able to save the complete set of audio effects I have used in a project so that I can retrieve the set later and apply it to other audio files.

Perhaps being able to save, as a preset, ALL of the settings I just made on an audio file.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2016 13:09

Nick McCamy
Ramon0 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Spain Joined: Jan 03, 2017 06:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. My little list...

1. Audio Scrubbing (and this applies to PowerDirector as well).

2. Better control for animating Surround Panning (by means of dedicated per chanel keyframable envelopes, just like in currently implemented stereo case?).

Well, greetings and hope it helps.
websiteee [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Arizona Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 75 Offline
[Post New]
This thread is quite nice no further improvement is required.
websiteee [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Arizona Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 75 Offline
[Post New]
It is good that we can separate a particular portion from a sound track. Thanks for giving this download links for us.
Kaido [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 13, 2011 14:17 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
pls add a 'beep' effect that could be used replace the cursing and swearing selected in the audio line.

Kaido
Rabnoolas [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 30, 2018 11:01 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
How about ASIO support? As it is, I can't use audio director at all (or voice overdub in PD) as without ASIO, AD cannot see any of mic or line ins (4 x line in, 2 x mic with phantom power) on my interface. At the moment, I do all my audio work in my DAW (Reaper) and sync it up later. But it would be nice to do some stuff directly in AD or PD.
Jim
[Post New]
... actually lots of suggestions:

1. STABILITY!! Really save the key frame positions. After reloading a large project nearly always the key frames are destroyed (see attached images). With a project of 6 Hours of Work this is NOT acceptable!!!

2. better control of mouse zoom, and panning / scrolling, like e.g. Audacity: Ctrl+wheel zooms time scale, Shift+wheel for panning, maybe Alt+Wheel zooms amplitude.

3. Fast way to mute all tracks except the one clicked (solo function) for quick swit.ching to check synchronicity of two tracks.

4. precise volume fading eg. from 0db to -20db (text edit position of key frames).

I (want to) use AudioDirector to synchronize two tracks:

1. the audio track on a video containing music and stage sounds

2. the original music on "tape" (mp3).

As both audio tracks (usually) have different sampling rates, I never had the chance to try the automatic audio sync function.
I have to sync them optically to less than 7ms, especially if the music contains singing to minimize echo.
For each song the audio track of the video is muted by approx. 20db and the music is faded in. At the end of each song, the music is faded out and the stage sound faded to 0db.
This usually leads to volume curves that are nearly rectangular wave forms.
After reloading the project because of a crash of Audio Director the volume curve was changed to look like the attached images.
Because of the missing "vertical" (volume) zoom, it's impossible to pick the key frames than went out at the top, so I have to reset ALL key frames and rebuild the entire project.
This can not be the meaning of "saving" a project!! yell
Even during the editing process the key frames sometimes start to "float" (see third attached screen shot) after zoom or panning and the volume positions are lost (see same screen shot at minute 29: the volume of music tracks 6 and 7 had a form similar to the others before zooming out).

... looking at it, this post is more a complaint than a wish list.
Well, take the first 4 suggestions as a wish list, I guess, I'll post this to support as well.

BTW: I'm using Audio Director 7.0.8903.0, latest update installed shortly before I started working on this project.

Greetings,
Lutz Kutscher
[Thumb - infinite volume.jpg]
 Filename
infinite volume.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
makes me angry: project irrevocably damaged
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
0 time(s)
[Thumb - floating key frames.jpg]
 Filename
floating key frames.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
140 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
0 time(s)
[Thumb - wrong volume.jpg]
 Filename
wrong volume.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
annoying: several key frames lost
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
Ravi56 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 09, 2018 05:03 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Please provide a simple way to split one long mp3 audio file into separate tracks/files.

I can currently use Audacity to split a 60 minute mp3 into separate mp3 files. I could do that in under 15 minutes. I have spent the last 3 hours attempting this using ADR 6. It is absolutely crazy that I must load the full file, delete everything that is not the first track and Produce. Reload the full file, delete everything that is not in the second track and product it. Repeat for the rest of the tracks.

ADR has lots of power, but for me it is nearly useless as splitting a file into tracks is mostly what I do. I'm going back to using Audacity until this feature is added to ADR.

Brian
sfsdfgsfs
Reply to this topic