CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
► CDR Suggestions - Please Contribute :)
Reply to this topic
[Post New]
LUTs as a %:

Having the ability to be able to change the % or opacity or a LUT as a layer vs directly 100% on a clip. Layering would also allow for layering of LUTs with other presets / filters. Yes, you can go back in and tweak the curves and levels, but then you are modifying the overall LUT vs the intensity of the LUT.

Changing the intensity would be beneficial for applying Log LUTs to 709 clips / Clips recorded in a non-flat picture style. This is key for trying to achieve a subtle film look.

Split tone to 3 Way Filter Color Corrector:

In addition to manual curve editing, having a 3 Way Filter Color Corrector to adjust Blacks, mid tones & Highlights. The split tone is not good enough. Needs to be 3 way as skin tones are in the mid level. Also having a color wheel vs slider would be nice.

Revert to original from a Preset: Ability to reset or undo a Preset. The arrow reset button does not un-apply a preset.

Presets s as a %: similar to % for LUTs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2017 11:54

websiteee [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Arizona Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 75 Offline
[Post New]
PIX reply is great from that platform we can adjust many properties of an image.
Nicoloks [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 24, 2017 08:05 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote LUTs as a %:

Having the ability to be able to change the % or opacity or a LUT as a layer vs directly 100% on a clip. Layering would also allow for layering of LUTs with other presets / filters. Yes, you can go back in and tweak the curves and levels, but then you are modifying the overall LUT vs the intensity of the LUT.

Changing the intensity would be beneficial for applying Log LUTs to 709 clips / Clips recorded in a non-flat picture style. This is key for trying to achieve a subtle film look.

Split tone to 3 Way Filter Color Corrector:

In addition to manual curve editing, having a 3 Way Filter Color Corrector to adjust Blacks, mid tones & Highlights. The split tone is not good enough. Needs to be 3 way as skin tones are in the mid level. Also having a color wheel vs slider would be nice.

Revert to original from a Preset: Ability to reset or undo a Preset. The arrow reset button does not un-apply a preset.

Presets s as a %: similar to % for LUTs.

What SDR said. 100%! Also, better/faster intergration with PDR and better use of GPU.

For these reasons and those SDR mentioned above and the PDR intergration clunkiness I am finding I am Color Correcting in Davinci Resolve a lot these days.
[Post New]

• dramatically speed up with 4k footage

• make use of hardware encoding

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 5767 Offline
[Post New]
The ability to shift luma and chroma left/right/up/down to align better. Essential in tape restoration. already found in clunky freeware like VirtualDub. My website http://bgillcyberstudio.com/index.html LINKS TO PDTOOTS & hundreds of other valuable resources!
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)/Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/7,200rpm/w10x64---
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus EPL-5
[Post New]
While the latest incarnation of ColorDirector is an improvement, we still NEED SCOPES, Waveform, Parade, Vectopr Scope I just want to edit. All this stuff with wires and magic is getting me down !!
Win 10 64-bit, Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.40 GHz with Turbo Boost + 8GB Ram (could really do with more)
USB 3, 4TB external hard drive. Nvidia GT 640 GFX card
All work
websiteee [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Arizona Joined: Apr 27, 2017 08:22 Messages: 75 Offline
[Post New]
I always got my solution from this form. I don't need any more improvement.
[Post New]
I am frustrated with ColorDirector 6 for several reasons.

I have used CDR6 for motion-tracking, to eliminate, fade-out areas, or to create a green screen video.

1. Some of my already-masked areas become unmasked when I save the project, and then start again from the beginning, to "fine-tune" my mask. Extremely frustrating.

2. When I am in either frame-by-frame or auto motion tracking, CDR6 will suddenly grab some area, or lose some area, that to the eye is obviously wrong. If the eye can easily see the difference between areas, I would hope that CDR could come close.

3. CDR needs the ability to have sensitivity settings in Motion Tracking. Low sensitivity would be let it mask anything close to the desired area. High sensitivity would allow only a major change in color.

4. I would like to be able to specifically paint/mask an area, without CDR immediately grabbing some other spot.

5. Then I would like to be able to fine-tune the selected mask, to enlargen it, to shrink it, to feather it. All of the Photoshop selection tools.

6. In general, I find CDR6 in its present state, to be almost unusable for Motion Tracking. It simply is not smart enough, or fast enough.

Thanks,
Clark
Reply to this topic