CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerProducer 5: problem running program
Reply to this topic
Joao [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 18, 2006 07:28 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I also just bought and installed new powerproducer v5 ultra (upgrade from v 3.2)... and just the same problem. I Try with XP pro SP2, Vista Premium and Win 2000 Pro. All my drivers are updated, I have enought space on HD (60 GB free).
Jason [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 13, 2008 19:35 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Recieved another reply today, they have requested a print screen of the error so they can look into it further.. Lets see if they find a bug ? I have informed them that multiple users are having the same issue !

Eric [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 12, 2008 15:59 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I received another reply yesterday. Their latest suggestion: install Microsoft cleanup Tool to clean up PowerProducer and then clean up your Registry. I followed their instructions but I doubt it will work since I've already tried a clean up tool like the one they adviced and I also cleaned up my Registry but no result. I hope the Microsoft tool has some magic in it. Everything is cleaned up I only need to reinstall PP5 and try it out. Hope to finish it this evening. Cross my fingers but I'm very suspicious.

Is there someone out there who has it running?
Jason [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 13, 2008 19:35 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Well I too got the same email about it however when I tried to downlaod the link using the username and password they gave me nothing happened

Anyone else having this trouble!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2008 03:40

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I've been told a patch has been done to resolve the problem. I'm just going to confirm this with the Project Manager for PowerProducer 5 - get url etc.

Just hang on.....

Dafydd
Joao [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes Jason. I have the same problem.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

An update installation replacement will be issued. This should be ready at the end of the week.

Watch this posting - I'll add more as and when etc.

I'm creating a PP5 - contact list - if you send me your email address by PM, I'll add you.

Subject heading "PP contact list - add me".

The aim is to have a group of PP users on file, just as I have for PowerDirector users.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2008 09:05

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
I got the link Dafydd for everyone...I hope it helps.

A patch that fixes this problem has been posted (see the bottom of this post). You must follow the installation instructions as follows:

Installation Description:

1. Disable UAC (User Account Control) if you are using Windows Vista
2. Extract the file "PP5_MUI.zip". There are three files contained within the zip file: "MUIResource.xml", "MUIReference.xml" "MUIStartMenu.xml"
3. Copy the files to "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerProducer\MUITransfer" to replace the existing files.

Note: Please see the steps below to disable UAC in Windows Vista.

1. Control Panel --> User Accounts and Family Safety --> User Accounts--> turn User Account Control on or off.
2. Disable the option "Use User Account Control (UAC)" to help protect your computer.
3. Reboot the computer.

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/dl_patch_585_3_ENU.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2008 20:53

Eric [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 12, 2008 15:59 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Finally, this patch fixes the problem.

Good luck
Joao [Avatar]
[Post New]
The patche it's ok
[Post New]
I too have the same problem. Rich
[Post New]
Hola, tengo cargado en mi pc el power producer 5 pero al querer pasar video a mi pc me aparece una pantalla que dice que el programa dejo de funcionar por un eror en windows, tengo la version de windoes 10 instalada en mi pc, que hago para solucionar este problema

gracias

Atte

Jesus
Reply to this topic