CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
► PhD Suggestions - Please Contribute :)
Reply to this topic
[Post New]
Fix the crop function so that it can crop the picture all the way from top to bottom instead of stopping at 80%.

Make it so that when the program opens it has a clean slate instead of always starting up with what was worked on last. I prefer to have a clean slate and then if needed, open a project file.

For the umpteenth time, and please let's get it done already Cyberlink, make simple Save As button instead of the convoluted Export functions. ~Tom~
Reeltripp [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 16, 2013 11:41 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
PhD Suggestion R2;
<alt> + pick; for making selections in Albums, Tags, and Faces that would function like a "AND" logical operator. Like the <ctrl> + pick makes a selection as an "OR" function now. Example; <Alt> + pick tag "June", <alt>+ pick tag "Vacation" would create a selection of photos that were tagged both "June" & "Vacation". Photos tagged "June" but not "Vacation" would not be in the selection.

Phd Suggestion R3;
Also fix it so multiple selections (ctrl+) can choose from Albums, Tags, and Faces. Now it will only select in one category. Proposed example would be to pick Album "2012", Tag "Vacation" and Face "Rob". This selection would include all the pictures of Rob on vacation in 2012.
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
PhD Suggestion R4;
Remove from selection key combination. Example: Ctrl+Alt+pick of a tag, would remove all photos with that tag from the current selection.
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
PhD suggestion R5;

Popup on Shut Down "X" that would give options to "Really Shut Down", Backup first, return to program.
[Post New]
Reeltripp,

These are some excellent suggestions from someone who's obviously using PhotoDirector to its full potential. Perhaps I should say "trying to expand its potential".

Thank you very much for sharing your thinking and practical ideas.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well you can forget suggestion R5. If you go tools/project backup area. Select the option to remind to backup on every shut down. Then when you quit it will popup and ask if you want to backup. I hope you can get out of the popup without quitting. I'll have to try that.
PS I'm up to 9,094 pictures.
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Spoke too soon. Reinstate R5. It does provide a popup with the option to backup, but there is no way to get back to program. An option to return to program is needed.
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
R6 - Select for Photos with error (they have the yellow triangle and "!" in top right side). The error typically occurs when the location or name of the original picture changes. They show up as errors when you try to Export Selected Pictures.
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
PhD Suggestion R7 - Export Tag or Face List.
I would like to export a list to a text file. I have hundreds of Tags and Faces and would like to print them out for reference. Right now I do a screen print and load into OneNote for OCR.
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
PhD Suggestion R8 - Add Suggestions for Tags in Metadata. Like in Face Tags, entering a letter in the tag box will pop up a list of all the tags that start with that letter. Then you can pick from an existing tag or enter a new one.
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
PhD Suggestion R9 - Provide for a way to change the "Date Taken" in Metadata. Now I have to do a Locate on Drive", fix the date, delete the photo from the library, import, and retag and reface.
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
PhD5 Suggestion R10 - In Library/Browser Mode/List view - Provide headings for Tags, Faces, and Folder. Since they would be multiple entries sort would not work but it would be great to see them and maybe update.
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
PhD5 Suggestion R11 - In Export Selected Pictures, add option for including the Album Name and Original Folder Name.
Reeltripp [Avatar]
[Post New]
PhD5 Suggestion R12 - In Meta data and Library/Browser Mode/List view - Provide GPS Data for location coordinates and height. The information is maintained in the photo because when you Export Selected Pictures the GPS data is with the new photos, along with tags and people(faces).
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi - these suggestions may have been covered earlier so apologies if that is the case.

1, A Batch Rename feature would be very useful. I have many files with many different file naming conventions. It would be very nice to be able to rename the entire collection so to spot anomalies and gaps as the collection is maintained over time.

2, Face Tags to become a selectable attribute in the Smart Collection creation process.

Regards

David
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Private Message Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
If this has been suggested before then here we go again:

Ability to upload to WordPress site/blog in a similar way we can upload to Facebook. This would be unique as far as I know and might attract more customers.

with such a site/blog the file name and description can be important because each image gets its own "Page". That page usually is';t accessed except by Google and it shows up in Google searches (especially for images).

When you upload media the title that appears on that image page defaults to the file name. You can change that and add a description etc. That's ok for a few image files but of you have a lot of them it can be tedious.

What I do now is use PhotoDirector to do a bulk export with a filename convention and then upload those files.

If I could do a direct upload from within PhotoDirector with a filname convention and maybe also a description etc that WordPress would read it would make it all much easier. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
migaloo [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Portland, Oregon, USA Joined: Jun 07, 2008 21:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am new at PhD and I like all the controls a lot, but one feature I can't find is how to open and more importantly close images.
When I open a folder and start modifying images, I export a copy, but then what's the next correct step? I don't want all the images left there in the workspace but I don't know how to close them. Deleting intuitively seems like the wrong option. I want to work on a collection of images and then close all of them to move on to the next folder or files.
Therefore, the feature I'd most like is a more obvious way to move through images in a folder with only one open at a time.

Thanks and apologies if this is already an easy thing to do. Check your focus
wjr002 [Avatar]
Member Private Message Location: Kingscliff, Australia Joined: Jun 29, 2011 20:22 Messages: 117 Offline
[Post New]
Resize - we need it.

need to be able to resize within PhotDirector and then view the resized image and work further on it.

resizing on export is not good enough. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
wjr002 [Avatar]
[Post New]
And another:
As far as I can tell PhotoDirector will only upload to a user/profile "page" and not to a Page created for a Club or Business or whatever.
I'd like that ability. PD12 Ultimate Suite (upgrade from PD11 Ultimate). PhotoDirector 5. PowerDVD13. YouCam 5.
[Post New]
Why there is no Gaussian blur in edit menu? With so powerful selection tools in PHD5 it will be great addition. Gaussian blur presents in most free photo editing programs.
[Post New]
Members -

Thank you all for the great suggestions so far!

Keep them coming, whenever you come across a feature that seems to be missing or not functioning as you'd like. All suggestions will be passed onto the PhotoDirector Development Team at CyberLink.

PIX PhD CDR ADR DZ MVL PP Forum Moderator
PIX YouTube channel
Reply to this topic