Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
**PD10 patch update v2231**
[Post New]
Tomasc,

Thanks for your message!
I do not know why I could not seen any .ini files in my computer!
Yes my PD10 only takes 590MB and it's been working fine for me for several years! And my attempt to upgrade to PD11 has never been successful after a lot of efforts!! So I am very skeptical about the never versions of PD!!

Charles
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This is interesting. Checked an oem installation of PD12 on a laptop and found that the ini file is in a different location in win 8.1. The Program Data folder is hidden and you have to unhide it to view the contents. It is there. The update for it is a oem patch to version 3812 and not the retail 4210 patch available at cyberlink. You cannot update an oem version using the retail patch. That is why an attempted update fails!!

An update PD11 version might fail if you did not have a retail version of PD10 installed. Dafydd may know the answer to this. Look at this sticky at the top of the forum : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29701.page . You need to answer #1,2, and 3, then Part A. Members here then can answer your question correctly. The more info you give, the better and a more accurate answer can be given.
[Post New]
Thanks Tomasc! Here are the information of my PD that you mentioned:
1. Which operating system do you use, W8, W7, Vista, XP?
Windows 7
2. Which version of PDR, See Part A below
PD Delux 10.0.0.2231 VDE121029-09
PD Ultra 11.0.0.3625 VDE131223-01
3. Which SR number (available in the "About" box of PDR and is NOT the CD-Key!)
VDE121029-09
VDE131223-01
Charles
PART A
PowerDirector Version build
PD Delux 10.0.0.2231
PD Ultra 11.0.0.3625
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
PD Version 10 is long gone. I am unable to confirm all the information that is prevalent 3 years ago. It makes more sense now with your new information. You either have PD10 deluxe or the oem version of PD10 which possibly is a 32 bit application at the time. Your PD version is 'PD Delux 10.0.0.2231 VDE121029-09' which mean that you already updated it to 2231 regardless of whether you remember updating it previously or not.

The missing folder Dafydd mentioned leads me to beleive that you have the oem version of PD10 on your pc in which you updated with the 2231 retail patch which should be a no-no. You never said you purchased a retail version of PD10.

At this time, it may be better to contact cyberlink support and tell them how you obtained PD10 in the first place and all the troubles that you are having unless Dafydd or another user who actually have PD10 can see through all this...

Hoped to have been of more help...
[Post New]
Thanks Tomasc!
I bought my PD10 from Herman Street, then downloaded electronically from their website. So do I have a retail or an OEM version?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tomasc, yes, delete the ini files and then one would go to the downloader (exe) which will generate a new ini file.
For me 10 is long gone from my computer, I've kept 11 but that will be removed in due course, probably when I install W10.

Hi Charles LC, An oem is one that came package with a product or with a purchased computer. Herman Street provided you (guessing now) a full version.

I don't think I can contribute further to this thread. I agree with tomasc, you appear to already have the latest build/patch applied.

Dafydd
[Post New]
Thanks Guys for your help! It's a pleasure!

I'm gonna stick with PD10 because the newer versions don't seem to live up to it!

Charles