Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No visible sound waveform in timeline
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You really need to start a new topic post here.

The missing audio waveform could be that a video refresh of the screen is all that is needed. On some video timelines, clicking on the scroll bar may be all that is needed. If the same problem exists in PD15 and PD10 then it is possible that a different pc with a different video card, video driver, more powerful cpu can generate more of those waveforms in less time. A quick horizontal scroll fix it for me for the last 6 years.
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
I do find that the waveforms on my timeline are often incompletely drawn and to be honest I haven't bothered to take time to try and find out what I need to do to get them to redraw. I've just accepted it as one of those quirks of Power Director that has persisted through multiple versions and which Cyberlink seems to have ignored in favour of more useless bells and whistles. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Hambones500 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 17, 2021 14:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, don't know if it ever occur to someone but I cannot see my audio waveform (every time) in the timeline even after doing all the right setup. It's either there for a small portion of the clip and none existing for all the other track. This is for video/audio tracks or voice and music tracks. And yes, in the preference section, the option is on.
Does someone have any idea on what can cause this. This is very annoying if you're trying to sync multiple tracks and music together.

Thank you in advance.

CB

This still happens in PD18....
What sorted it for me was unchecking shadow files in the preferences, then stretching the timeline to the maximum possible and giving it some time (I think it sorted after about 10s)
FattJengo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 11, 2021 19:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've been having this problem for ages. I had the idea of creating mp3 files of the video and putting them in and the audio in the video started showing up straight after.

Any future problems, just grab any mp3 file and wave it around a bit on the playlist thing and the original audio should appear . I'm using PowerDirector 15.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2022 10:43