Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Getting good quality in production
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ludrick -

I've never used PD6, so I don't honestly know whether it can be done.

Obviously, you must have located your Profiles folder - yes? You said you'd followed the steps but the profile didn't appear in PD's interface. Have I understood correctly?

I know that in PD8 & 9, profiles will not appear if you've used the wrong naming protocol.

Here's a slightly different method (just a variation) from the one in the PDtoots video http://www.youtube.com/user/ynotfish77#p/u/23/IIFemK-akHY - that may help overcome your problem.

Could you please post a screenshot of your profiles folder?

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Bill Yonescu [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Palm City, Florida Joined: Nov 09, 2008 16:56 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
The profile filename "WMV 19 HD 854x480 Quality" does not show in my PD8, while "WMV 9 HD 854x480 Quality" does show. It appears that the first part of the name is the key for seeing it in PD.

Hope this helps...

Bill

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 15. 2011 19:11

Ludrick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2009 18:04 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I'm afraid I've tried this as well and I still don't have the new profile when I choose WMV format in the Produce tab.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Could you please post a screenshot of your profiles folder?

That might give a clue about why it's not showing...

What sized profile do you want? 720x480? Put the attached profiles in your profile folder & see if they appear in PD. They appear in my PD9.

If you compare them to what you've done, it might help you understand what's going wrong.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
WMV 9 720x480 1.5MBps -NTSC.prx
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
361 time(s)
 Filename
WMV 9 720x480 1.5MBps -PAL.prx
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
350 time(s)

Ludrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you so much!!! I see only one in the profile, so I can't determine if it's NTSC or PAL, in which I need it to be NTSC, but I'm going to send the company a test video and see what they say!!!...what was I doing wrong?
Ludrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Is there anyway that the key frame interval can be set to 1, because it won't let me change it to 1. Sorry I kept forgetting to show you my profile screenshot...
 Filename
WMV 9 720x480 1.5MBps -NTSC-1.prx
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
341 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 16. 2011 01:55

Ludrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
lol...sorry about that...i didn't know what I was doing, but what I did was made a copy of the file you sent me and I was able to change the key frame to 1 with no errors...I'm going to see if this works!...Thanks again!
ynotfish
[Post New]
Ludrick -

There's a PAL version & an NTSC version of each profile in the folder, so they're available whatever format you're using.

I don't know what you were doing wrong, but it was probably something to do with how it was named.

Cheers - Tony