Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"PDSpeed" - provides extra keyboard shortcuts for faster PD9 editing
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Have a Merry Christmas Fred.
Peter Ozpeter [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 10, 2008 20:51 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
My only reservation about posting source code is that it reveals poor coding practices!

It's created simply using AutoHotKey - no amateur coder should be without it! - and the source is as follows -

But I think that any detailed discussion of how it is coded would be best kept to private messages.
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
I am sure that all programmers are we going to benefit your initiative, so do not worry about it. Great work and Thanks Peter to share. Your name will always be in the header. Merry Christmas .
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
I just have to drag this thread back up to the top as I just started a major project editing about 25-30 videos using Pete's keyboard short cut program.

I am making a compilation of my take offs and landings. This involves placing a video on the timeline splitting it at the start of my take off and about 1-2 seconds after I take off, just leaving my take off sequence on the timeline, then doing the same with the videos of my landings.

Well I tell you manually splitting and deleting clips can be mouse intensive.

One of Pete's shortcuts is the "d" and "s" keys.

This will take much longer to type than do.

The "d" key splits the video then automatically deletes the beginning section of the video and moves the scrubber to the front of the newly split video.....what a time saver. Then it is just a simple matter of hitting the space bar to play the video to the next split, in my case about 5-10 seconds, hit the space bar again to pause the video, then hit the "s" key which splits the video, click on the end portion of the video and hit delete.

Thanks again Pete, I hope Cyberlink is watching as this is truly a great little addition to PD.

Cheers

Robert2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]

Here is the PD9 Hot Key List

Filename
PD9 Hotkeys.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
61 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
625 time(s)

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Weera [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 26, 2011 17:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you Soooo much. I don’t have enough word to thank you for your hard work on mazing tool . It saves lot of time.
Des Towers
Member Location: Rotorua New Zealand Joined: Mar 29, 2007 18:57 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter,
Have just downloaded your PDSpeed. It is marvellous. It certainly speeds up a lot of editing processes. Well done and thank you.I hope Cyberlink is listening. Possibly with your approval they could incorporate these into the list of shortcut keys that are standard with PD.

Cheers

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
VM Windows Professional XP
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM DDR3
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Chip type: ATI display adapter 0x68B8
Motherboard ASUS P7P55D-E
1TG Hardrive

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 01. 2011 23:20

Peter Ozpeter [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm glad this is still proving useful. It's totally "public domain" so I don't mind what use is made of it - even by Cyberlink!

I've had a P.M. request for a help file in German - I'm not able to help with that (last time I was in Germany was about 50 years ago and my German has not improved since then!) - I don't know whether anyone else might be able to do a translation and post it here?
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter,
what exactly is it that you want translated?
The hotkey list?

Nina
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Peter Ozpeter [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Nina,

It's the document attached - if you were able to do it and repost it here, that would be very helpful.

The document is the help file for the German keyboard layout of "PDSpeed".

Cheers, Peter
 Filename
PDSpeed help file German.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
PDSpeed help file for German keyboards, in English
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
444 time(s)
Bernd1948 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jul 10, 2008 10:18 Messages: 3930 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Peter,
Thanks for the PM.
my German help file in the attachment.
 Filename
PDSpeed Anleitung deutsch..pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
152 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
564 time(s)
Gruß Bernd
Technical support:
DE:
https://de.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

[Post New]
Very good, works perfect here at PD8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and PD13 on Win 7-64 Ultimate
Thanks Peter Ozpeter

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at May 12. 2015 12:47

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Patrick24 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2011 16:19 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you so much Peter!

I did the following so that the program always starts up when I start up Windows 7:

Click on Start and then type: gpedit.msc
Click Enter

Doing so will open the "Group Policy Editor"

Now, on the left-side column, find where it says: "User Configuration"
Then, make sure the folder is expanded on the left side so you can see: "Windows Settings." If Windows Settings isn't expanded to show options below it, click on the plus arrow on the left side of Windows Settings.

You will see "Scripts (Logon/Logoff)" (still on the left-side column)

Click once on "Scripts (Logon/Logoff)."

Then you will see two items in the main window: "Logon" and "Logoff."

Double-click on Logon.

Then in the window that appears, click on "Add."

Now, you will see a window appear that has two places to enter information.

You will want to enter the pathname of the file you wish to have open at Windows startup where it says: "Script Name."

This pathname is wherever you've decided to save the PDSpeed.exe file.

I personally decided to save it in the "C:\" directory in a folder called "PDSpeed."

So, what I entered was (without quotes): "C:\PDSpeed\PDSpeed.exe"

You can just leave the "Script Parameters" section blank.

Click "OK" to finish adding the command and then click "OK" one more time to close the "Logon Properties" window.

Now, you will not need to manually start up the script, it will start automatically everytime Windows starts up.

Please note that these instructions were made for Windows 7, so they may vary for different versions of Windows.

I hope this helps other people.

Thanks again Peter for your useful script!
rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
Is this "PDSpeed" app up-to-date and applicable to the current PD9?

I'm VERY happy to have found this thread, because this annoying routine of constantly having to choose Movie while working on a transition is the worst part of PD9's programming. I was glad to see from this thread that long-time users were unhappy when this change was made.

Will this app still do what it was originally programmed for--making Movie mode kick in just by playing the project with the space bar?

rbowser
Dorfl68 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2011 16:45 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for posting the AHK sourcecode! I will map some of this to higher function keys (F13-F24) and then use one of my external keyboards. This could also be more flexible, if anybody is not happy with the key assignments, I could create a little key mapping interface.

Done it before - if you are using Adobe Lightroom, check out Paddy (www.Paddy-for-lightroom.com), which povides keyboard mapping and Midi input for LR.

----------------------------
Paddy for Lightroom:
keyboard mapping and Midi input
for Adobe Lightroom
www.paddy-for-lightroom.com
DocDaddy [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 06, 2012 13:59 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Does this program work in PD10?

Thanks!
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Yes. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: We have all lamented on the CLIP feature in Beta Testing....it is better than it used to be, but certainly not what we hope it ends up being.

As a new user of PD9 I've found the Movie/Clip modes pretty infuriating. It is nearly always in the wrong mode for what I'm trying to do.

And another thing - When previewing I do wish the scrubber would stop at the end of the clip or movie rather than jumping back to the beginning! Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Berto2002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Southend-on-Sea, UK Joined: May 23, 2010 04:16 Messages: 74 Offline
[Post New]
Mike, yes, I get you with that last comment; very annoying that it jumps automatically to the start of the move if it gets to the end! I want it to just stop where it is!! AMD Phenom II X6 1100XT
ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB m/board
8GB Corsair Performance RAM
128GB OCX SATA-III SSD / 2TB SATA-III HDD
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 2048MB
LG blu-ray RW super drive
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
PowerDirector Ultra 13
KathH [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Jan 19, 2012 23:44 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know whether this will work with PDR11? Kath
Peter Ozpeter [Avatar]
[Post New]
It should work with version 11 unless Cyberlink have changed the basics of how the interface works and the built in keyboard shortcuts - and as changes of that kind might upset the longer-time users, they probably won't.

PDSpeed is a tiny program that needs no installation as such, so if you already have PDR11 installed, just try PDSpeed and see if it works as originally described (on a test project). If it doesn't I'd be interested to know - and you could simply delete the .exe file to put everything back as it was.

Greetings to all as I pass through, and happy editing in 2013!