where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
'I can play Green Zone. PDVD9 build 25289.51'
Reply to this topic
MARK [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 18, 2010 05:57 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I had the same problem of not being able to play a rental version of the Green Room (I am in Australia). However, I did get it to finally play. From the other posts I saw that the issue appeared to be with downloading trailers from the Net.

So what I did was just unplug my network connection and the movie played straightaway

I switched to 'classic version' first but I think the resolution was not having the network, so it skips past the trailer bit.

Hope this helps.
Rusell
Newbie Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2010 19:37 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

I had the same problem of not being able to play a rental version of the Green Room (I am in Australia). However, I did get it to finally play. From the other posts I saw that the issue appeared to be with downloading trailers from the Net.

So what I did was just unplug my network connection and the movie played straightaway

I switched to 'classic version' first but I think the resolution was not having the network, so it skips past the trailer bit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information, Mark. I have some remarks:
1. I presume you mean Green Zone, not Green Room.
2. Another poster--KRONAH on page 1 of this thread, 12/09/2010 15:47--said that he tried disconnecting and it didn't make any difference. Maybe he was using a different rental version. You are in Australia; I don't know where KRONAH is. I know only that I am in Los Angeles and that I was using a Netflix rental. I did not try disconnecting, but if I still had the rental I would try.
3. I agree that "classic" or "cinema" mode probably makes no difference. I have always used the 'classic" mode.
4. I intend to pass on your information to CyberLink because I reported to them that another poster had tried disconnecting and it hadn't worked.
MARK [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 18, 2010 05:57 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, you are correct Green Zone. It was late and I am not in the habit of watching old Andie Macdowell moves.

I didn't see that Kronah post. Good luck with the fix.
KRONAH [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 22, 2008 04:23 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I've watched 2 blu-ray rentals since and they have worked fine. Both where 20th Century Fox I think and one was from Netflix, Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lighting Theif, and the other from redbox, the movie Date Night.

Aside from my machine not liking to dump cache after transfering a gig to my network drive before watching a movie "lighting theif" and watching tv on my ati tv card before watching a movie, both of which a restart fixes that dell issue. PowerDVD works fine with these titles. So yes I am convinced that there is an error in the US Netflix Universal Print that makes it incompatable with the not brand spankin new software and bd-rom drives combination.

Universal knows this based on how the customer service person responded to russell, I doubt universal knew beforehand, but as well all know here they should better coordinate the release by trying on these players before printing the distribution copys and if they don't work let cyberlink know, this way when i go to rent it this long after the release it will work.

Cyberlink being a contributor to the Blu-ray Association should have this association on their side and have companies who use their format to conform to these kind of rules by agreement.

Done and done. Let's hope we can all learn from this experiance that customers run your business, don't try to fight it, it is inevitable, resistence is futile, yadda yadda, etc.

lol
micagordon [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 09, 2015 22:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same problems, but thank you all, I've found the resolution in your posts now.
java bar code application
Tanper [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Nov 19, 2015 01:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This situation is not unique to the Blu-ray format and not android-based. Similar issues occurred in the early days of DVD as well. Because Blu-ray technology is still relatively a new format, it is likely that firmware upgrades will continue to be required for some time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 30. 2015 01:39

Reply to this topic