Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
M2TS, TS of MP4?
[Post New]
Which is the best capture format? Yesterday's Memories
Today's Technology
Tomorrow's Treasures
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
The capture format is usually determined by the camcorder. The produced format is determined by the intended audience of the video and the equipment used to display it. Win 10, i7
[Post New]
It allows me to choose from the 3 options....I want to pick the one that keeps the most data/highest quality Yesterday's Memories
Today's Technology
Tomorrow's Treasures
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The one I would choose is TS.

You are probably using a Hauppauge capture card and Arcsoft software those are the 3 options you have.

M2TS works well in Powerdirector, MP4 as created in Arcsoft software is a bit wonky.

If you want the highest quality, adjust the bit rate of the capture to the Max allowed. In my Hauppauge capture device, that is 13.5 Mbps. Makes great video.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2011 22:51

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
That is correct

But how do you ajust the bit rate of the capture? I dont see it? Yesterday's Memories
Today's Technology
Tomorrow's Treasures
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
There is a format setting button on the capture window of the ArcSoft software.

If your version is similar to mine, There is a format setting button on the Left side of the window.
Click that button and you can set the bit rate.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Bit Rate
Peak Bit Rate
and Bit Rate Mode are the options I can set - the bit rate was set to 8000000 by default Yesterday's Memories
Today's Technology
Tomorrow's Treasures
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Bit Rate
Peak Bit Rate
and Bit Rate Mode are the options I can set - the bit rate was set to 8000000 by default

I think that is the bit rate my arcsoft has for the default rate Except mine says 8 Mbps.

I set the bit rate to the Maximum allowed by the software (13.5 Mbps). In your case that would be 13500000.

[Post New]
I tried that but as soon as I click 'apply' I see on the main screen that its back to 4.... could be because I'm capturing from my old camcorder. Yesterday's Memories
Today's Technology
Tomorrow's Treasures
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
In case you do not have a copy of the HD PVR manual it's located at :

http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/manuals/qi-hdpvr.pdf

In it it states (indirectly) that the bit rate may be set as per the input selection.

Also note the info on the support page:

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hdpvr.html?tab=5

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2011 16:13

Win 10, i7
ghnabs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2013 01:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

I know a very nice way to convert TS files to MP4. The tool can easily convert TS to MP4, convert TS to MKV, convert TS to AVI, convert TS to WMV, convert TS to MPEG, convert TS to FLV, convert TS to VOB, convert TS to DivX, convert TSV to AVI, and convert TS files to many other video formats. The nice TS to MP4 Converter can also convert TS to MP3, ALAC, AIFF, FLAC, OGG and more. With the professional TS to MP4 Converter, it is quite easy to play TS in iTunes, QuickTime, iPad, iPod, iPhone, Windows Media Player, upload TS files to YouTube and edit TS files in iMovie. Find it by google search "TS to MP4 Converter - Convert TS/TSV/TSA to MP4/MPEG/DivX/WMV/FLV/VOB/ MKV/AVI".