Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help on choosing dvd settings
mervyn cadman [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Essex UK Joined: Jul 16, 2011 02:53 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all a liitle confused over what profile settings I should have in power director9
In mpeg2 there are some profile settings and I'm not sure which one I should use.

The camera I used for my footage is the panasonic HDC-SD80 full HD 1920X1080 I used the highest setting when recording in 16.9 and avchd 1920 to get the best quality I need.
I know this is very high in the amount of data with around 4-5 hours of filming and hope to burn this on two dvds thats the plan now that the footage has been edited, I'm looking to get the best quality to go onto my dvds but not sure what profiles I should have.
do I use the setting (HD) mpeg-2 1080i
or DVD HQ or any of the other settings,

the finished DVD must play on a standard dvd player.

My PC system is high in spec with a 3.4ghz processor dual quad i7 2600 with 8 gb ram and one TB hardive and one TB external H-Drive and 64bit OS, so rendering should be ok.

Can you guys help with any of the settings I need and any other tips that might come in handy.

Kind regards Mervyn

[Post New]
The PD9 only have one quality option for DVD-Video, DVD HQ,
Resolution 720x480, 8000 kbs CBR bitrate, interlaced top line first.
If the original video is compatible, you have good quality DVD.
Or use another program to mount your DVD.
Example: Progressive Video, or to use higher bitrate, 8000 Kbs AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
mervyn cadman [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi many thanks for the reply.

In my PD9 these are other profile settings, here is the list all under the MPEG-2 TAB

DVD SP
DVD LP
DVD HQ

HDV MPEG-2 720P
HDV MPEG-2 1080i

BD 1480X1080
BD 1920X1080

(HD) MPEG-2 1080i is this the one I can use or am i getting confused over what one should be use.

I dont't really want to use another programe to to render my filming to a DVD as I thought PD9 would do the trick.

Thanks
Mervyn
mervyn cadman [Avatar]
[Post New]
Many thanks I now understand as i googled my question and a post came up asking the same question as I have, DVD HQ then.

Many thanks

Mervyn

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04. 2011 11:23