Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Copy and paste attributes from one clip to another
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
Can we copy and paste attributes from one clip to another yet?
If so... how?
Thanks,
Barry
[Post New]
bjtap1
Can we copy and paste attributes from one clip to another yet?
If so... how?

I think there's no
But you can copy a project or part join another and then make the modficações.
make modifications, but is easy in PD8
-------
Select the project or part of the timeline, will be yellow is the Copy button appears, press it
Open other project, positions the cursor where you want and press the button Past
-------
You can save text, effects that can be used other times after

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2011 23:38

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry

Welcome to the forum

Here's three PD instruction videos from PDToots from their Youtube channel.

They are using PD8 in this tutorial but the basics are the same for PD9.

Basic PD Editing Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/9/jXG2jDTHyKw

Basic PD Editing Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/8/ccSNU_Z7BRc

Combining two projects: http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/12/gGq_tL5F6Ug

Happy editing Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Flora [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2011 12:12 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have bought a PD9 months ago. However, I just started using it recently. My problem is, whenever I click 'create disc' trying to burn my edited clips onto a DVD, it hangs at 70% every single time, with an error message 'PD has encountered problem and needs to close. The OS I use is Window XP Home.
Please help!
BTW, I have used PD5 for a year so I think Im experienced for using that software.
GoPokes
Member Location: NE Oklahoma Joined: Jun 04, 2011 10:33 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
vidoe card driver would be the first place I would check. I had one that did not have a Windows 7 driver and hung up every time.. replaced video card and haven't had a hang in creating yet.
Amature does it till he gets it right. A Pro does it till he can't get it wrong.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Flora,
welcome to the forum.
Could you please start a new question? Your issue has no relation to this thread, but we can help you. We want to!

For the majority of issues posted on this forum you will need to provide the following IMPORTANT bits of basic information:
Please follow part A and B.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Before the 'hijack' thank for the reply. I guess the bottom line is there is no way to copy and paste attributes from one clip to another. I hope Cyberlink will remedy this soon.
Thanks again.
Barry
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Barry,
What attributes do you refer to?

Kevin R. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
bjtap1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Any keyframes, filter settings, movement paths etc. Any attribute. For example in other video editing software (don't know how Cyberlink takes to mentioning competition by name) one can apply an effect. then right click on the proper place in the clip and select copy... Then right click on a different clip and select paste. The effects, keyframes etc. are then copied to that clip. As far as I can see one cannot do this in PD9.
Barry

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2011 21:12

Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Barry,
I'm not sure how you are doing it, bit I highlight the clip I want to copy, hit Ctrl+ C to copy, place the slide bar (blue bar) where I want the clip to go and hit Ctrl+V and it places an exact copy there. Once you do this you can move the clip to where you need it.
I hope this helps you out!

Cheers!
Kevin R.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 11. 2011 09:34

Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
Kevin R.
[Post New]
Barry,
If you notice the little strong man symbol on the clip I used, that means that clip has been modified in at least one way, and as you'll see it is till modified in the copy clip. This clip was actually modified on several levels and it is an exact copy.

Kevin R. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Any keyframes, filter settings, movement paths etc. Any attribute. As far as I can see one cannot do this in PD9.

Hi bjtap1,

As far as motion paths. As you probably know, once you’ve created a motion path in PIP Designer that you wish or intend to apply to other media, simply click on the Save As Modified Custom Path button (next to the All Paths dropdown menu). Then when you drag a new bit of media to your project, open it in PIP Designer as well, and choose that saved custom path. If the new clip or image is identical in size and duration, your custom path will be duplicated. Changes in duration may require some re-setting/adjustments of the Key Frame positions.

The ability to save custom Key Frame settings in say Effects, or to save custom set paths in Video Crop and Magic Motion for instance (with a default that starts at full screen), is something that has already been requested here in the forums, though I’m not sure if our Moderator has given that request an item number, and/or passed the suggestion/request on to Cyberlink.

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Kevin R.
[Post New]
Ooops for got to include paths. Good catch Cranston. Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.