Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MPEG2, H.264, DVD6C Component Activatio
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 03, 2011 19:50 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
I have just purchased PD9 Ultra 64 and the first time I tried to create a DVD, I got messages to activate MPEG2, H.264, and DVD6C. The PC on which I have installed PD9 does not have any internet capability. Can I activate these by phone, email, or from another PC that has internet connection?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
No you cant. You require internet access.
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's a shame. Is it possible to pay a small fee to get this done? I really like the program, but have had such bad experiences editing on PC connected to the internet. If I don't use antivirus programs, I invariably get bugs that wreak havoc with my editing programs; if I use antivirus, the programs themselves interfere. So, unless there's a non internet solution, I will have to ask for a refund, and discontinue use of PD9.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
You should approach Technical Support with your enquiry: https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

I'm not aware of any work-around. I believe your concerns are ill-founded (sorry to dismiss them) and certainly do not feature in my use of the program and have not been a problem for members here. many softwares' security require online activation, even the operating system (W7) does, PD9 is no different and many software are moving in that direction.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

The forum is a great place to pose questions.

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
jerryd2558,

This is off the subject, but if you had a hardware router, you would also have a hardware firewall that would prevent most of the malware out there.

Also Windows Defender does not interfere with Powerdirector. I run Windows Defender all the time.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
You should approach Technical Support with your enquiry: https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

I'm not aware of any work-around. I believe your concerns are ill-founded (sorry to dismiss them) and certainly do not feature in my use of the program and have not been a problem for members here. many softwares' security require online activation, even the operating system (W7) does, PD9 is no different and many software are moving in that direction.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

The forum is a great place to pose questions.

Even Microsoft will let you activate by phone!
SUSAN P [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2011 09:56 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I have internet access, am connected, and am running a browser and yet when I get the message to activate MPEG2, H.264, and DVD6C I get a message from PowerDirector that I need internet access.

Is there a way to "wake up" PowerDirector to the network connection?

thank you
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi jerryd2558 ,
Sure it does. PD9 doesn't. Please contact CyberLink support for further details.

Hi Susan,
You'll need to ensure you have allowed PD9 access to the internet - check your firewall settings.

SUSAN P [Avatar]
[Post New]
thank you. I gave it a try. Cyberlink was already set for access, so I went to advacnced settings and added PowerDirector directly

that at least got the initial page to let me register, but the activation still says server not available.

maybe it's their site?

thanks so much for your help. Ironically after doing all that, all of my video images went black!

gotta love software. i'm working with PD 9 because someone else is on my Adobe editing machine. Discovered how much fun this tool is...fun but a wee bit quirky.

SUSAN P [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

thanks again for your suggestions. if I find the solution, I'll post it here.

have a good weekend
happy editing
spe
BowWow [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, AU Joined: Jul 04, 2011 19:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I'm aware this is an old thread, has anyone had any luck with resolving this?

PD9 has internet connection it logs on when launched and I can directly access download content, tutorials and other online functions from within it.

The only thing that doesn't work is the activation for DVD6C component.
This was fine while the trial period was counting down but it's run out now.

Is there an odd port setting it uses that router or firewall will block?
I have tried activation with firewall and parental software disabled, but still no success.

Thanks for your time and thoughts,
BowWow
[Thumb - PD9 burn activation.png]
 Filename
PD9 burn activation.png
[Disk]
 Description
DVD6C activation error
 Filesize
674 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
534 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
BowWow

I think the conclusion is the Trial version does not do everything the paid version does.

Component Activation is one of the things that the Trial does not do.
The Trial is only good for 30 days anyway.

You should have enough idea if you want to buy the product.

The fully paid Powerdirector 9 Ultra 64, does not have any limits.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

BowWow [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, AU Joined: Jul 04, 2011 19:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Carl,

Thanks for your response.

PD9 is already registered with my licence.
The DVD6C component just won't activate.

Thanks,
Adam

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2011 18:02