Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu background image is fuzzy when burned
EclipseChaser [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tucson, Arizona Joined: May 06, 2011 14:17 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Others have had this problem, but I have not found a solution in the forum.

1. Create disk
2. Menu preferences, create menu
3. Set background image. I've selected a 1920x1080 png file because that's what's used in the canned menus.
4. "Conflicting aspect ratio" window appears (even though aspect is correct).
5. Select crop or stretch. Apply to all menu pages.
6. Save template.
7. Apply saved template to all pages.
8. Burn Blu-ray at MPEG-2 or H.264 at 1920x1080 OR burn DVD at HQ-best quality.
9. Burned menu background is blurry. Looks like low resolution. All other images and videos in project come out high quality.

Looking at the Custom Menus directory in My Documents/Cyberlink/Custom Menus/3.0/Background there is no png file as there is in the canned menus. Adding the hi-res .png file does not help.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

PD9 - Build 2930

Filename
EclipseChaser 32 bit DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
EclipseChaser 32 bit DxDiag
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
366 time(s)
 Filename
EclipseChaser 64 bit DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
EclipseChaser 64 bit DxDiag
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
309 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I agree with you.
I have been playing around with the Custom Menus today and importing my own backgrounds - 16:9, large scale images and have found a repeat problem. I found a workaround also.

First off i did a quick run through of saved but altered default menu templates. I found background images with 1280 x720 in the ones I looked at.

1. I then proceeded to create a Custom Menu and import my own image.
Original size: 3264 x1840
2. Crop selected - PD9 proceeded.
3. Opening up the "backgrounds" folder reveals a a .tmp file. This file can be opened in an image editor, viewed in the preview player or the extension changed to .jpg.
4. The image file had been reduced to 600x338.
5. I played with complete image substitution and file address changing in the xml - neither was successful (for the moment).
6. I decided a simple reduce size option and a file name replacement might work.
7. The image was reduced to 1280x720 - note I had to alter the aspect ratio to achieve this.
8. I then made a copy of the .tmp file and rename the original - always best to keep a backup copy.
9. Using the previous .tmp file name I altered the jpeg to become the tmp file.
Example SANY2552-menu.JPG = Bac4A43.tmp
10. Closed the Custom menu directory
11. opened PD9 and tested by bringing the nature.mpg into the track and then selecting Create. seems to work ok.

I will report this as a "bug" and see what CyberLink finds.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Item 209 reported to CL as a possible bug.
EclipseChaser [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tucson, Arizona Joined: May 06, 2011 14:17 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I can't thank you enough for the workaround. I've spent untold hours on this. I'm surprised that more people haven't complained about this problem.

Your solution works perfectly. I used a 1920x1080 png file for the background and I now have sharp, clear menu backgrounds.