Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 11 and Explorer
pdwul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2008 01:56 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]

With my PowerDVD10 (Ultra) it is impossible to drag-and-drop VIDEO_TS folder on the PD desktop icon: PD will not play it. To play a VIDEO_TS folder I must launch PD and make use of it's relatively poor interface, to select drive, select folder, scroll down, etc.

Has the filehandling been improved ?

TIA
=
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
in PowerDVD 11 you can open DVD or BD Disc Structures from HDD in the BD/DVD Module by using the "open Disc from HDD" option

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi pdwul,

As Cyberlink Michael pointed out, Power DVD 11 has the ability to play movies from your hard disc drive....I tested to see if dragging the VIDEO_TS folder to the PD Desktop also was an option and it worked as well.

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
pdwul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2008 01:56 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Just for the records, I am using PD10 Ultra now.

When I select a VIDEO_TS folder and drag and HOLD it on top of the PD desktop icon (nót release it!)
I'll get +Open with PDVDLaunchPolicy Application.

This, I mean:
-

After releasing PD will launch for sure. After the intro it stops at the (most annoying) Movielife promotional
screen. It will not continue there.
I need to click on the "Video"-tab in the middle a the top the screen, to get rid of it.

However, PD explorer is then showing the path to a totally different movie, not the one I selected.

From that point on I need to browse (lots of clicks/double clicks) to get to the movie I want.
Scrolling is far from convenient: it either goes to fast and jumps to a point in the tree list that has passed the point where I wanted, or I shd very slowly scroll).

PD is really very fine, but their "Explorer" is -well eh.. - a bit 'poor' from *my* point of view.

Thís is what I am hoping for that would improve.

I have also tried to drag-drop an .IFO-file, but it doesnot get me the menu of the movie, that I will get when
playing the VIDEO_TS folder.

=
later..:
found out (Google: "powerdvd associate video_ts") that others also 'complained' about this.
also see: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/13863.page
"No Subtitle @ PowerDVD 10 Ultra Mark II 3D (Build.2113)"

when creating a desktop icon of Media Player Classic Home Cina, it will play the movie when
dragging the VIDEO_TS on to it, plus subtitles/menu. This program is free of charge.
Guess PD shd at least be able to do the same.
=

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 24. 2011 03:35