Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CineForm CODEC
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone tried it with PD? I just read that GoPro has acquired CineForm and there will be a 3D version coming out soon, but looks like the software is pretty expensive. I'm guessing that PD wouldn't handle 3D, but it would be lovely if it works. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi James,
I'm trying to get hold of some "actual" 3D footage from the new cameras - proving quite difficult at the moment. I was tempted to buy one of the new breed of 3D cameras... but will hold off.

I don't have any info on the codec you've mentioned.

Dafydd
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I had never heard of it until I read this report. Apparently the GoPro plans to use two standard HD cameras mounted in a specially made case. Then the software will combine the videos. They say it is compatible with several video editing programs, but they don't list PD. I will have to look into this further. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
James Dotson
[Post New]
I just ordered the GoPro 3D system. I'll post some video once it arrives and I get a good samples. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent, I look forward to checking out the footage and reading your comments.
Thanks
Dafydd