Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ad blocking DVD burning
FrustratedAndrew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 24, 2011 14:03 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Bought LG DVD rewriter and it came with Power2Go. When I attempt to burn a DVD I get an ad to upgrade to "blue ray" and when I "X" the ad the program does nothing. If I attempt to again burn a DVD the same happens. How do I get around this ad so that I can burn a DVD? Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 24. 2011 14:17

Andrew
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please contact our CS team about your issue.

Thanks
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
CMB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2011 21:12 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Would be nice to know what the resolution to this was !
I too just bought a retail blu-ray dvd burner/player 3d capable which came with a BD solution package and can not use the burn dvd from files function without just getting to the "upgrade option" and no further.
So is this function "removed" ???
I have an older package that I got a year or 2 ago with an earlier drive and the version on that package does allow burning from files at least to a regular dvd.
SoftwareHome [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2011 04:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I had this problem too. I bought an External DVD Writer and I can't even burn DVD on this Bundled Software.

I mean: What's the point of giving a software to a DVD Writer buyer when he/she can't burn DVDs?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Bundled versions are so called "OEM" version. The OEM (The Maker of the HW/Bundle) can decide which featrues are included in the Software.
Some items are related to third party roylaties (extra costs) and sometimes OEM choose to not include them into the package. This is the reason why you get an upgrade notification for some features.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan