Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 Blu-Ray .mt2s problems with Panasonic BD Players & Viera TV's - Need Suggestions
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Recently finished producing a 1h30m Blu-Ray disc, which contains a main menu (includes a video), chapters and subtitles. This was the general procedure:
- Create a BD folder, using AVCHD 1920x1080 (24MPS) profile in PD9.
- I added an EXTRA FOLDER to my photos and create the ISO with ImgBurn.
- Burn a Verbatim 4x BD-R with my reader / burner LaCie.

First I tried BD with PowerDVD using my reader / burner LaCie and perfect, both the video as the main menu, are OK. Then I tried it on my son’s Play Station (PS3) and perfect. The problem starts when I want to prove, both my Panasonic BD Player Home / Theater (SC-BT730) and the Panasonic BD player (DMP-BD65P-K).

In both the video on the menu its perfect. However, the video of the film is not continuous, ie, every 2 or 3 seconds makes a short pause and then continues. Synchronism with music and subtitles its ok, but it is a disaster movie of 1h30m with jumps every 2 to 3 seconds.

At first I thought it was the Verbatim BD-R i use and that somehow the Panasonic did not like it. I tried to burn a Sony BD-R and gave the same result. Suspect about the burner. However, I already had burned a Sony BD-R, with the film Avatar, using the same procedure (same ImgBurn program and LaCie burner) and works perfectly in both Panasonic, so I proceeded to burn a Verbatim BD-R and to my surprise , works perfect. So I discard the BD media problem.

My suspicions are now in the PD9’s .MT2S file format. Using MediaInfo I have analyze the data from these 3 files. I got this table

What is red, are different patterns from the pause related problem file with respect the other two. Don’t understand why PD9 creates the menu in progressive and the main film in MBAFF ( which incidentally I have no idea what it is).

Maybe what I have to do is create another BD folder using another PD9 profile, but no idea. If anyone can help me or give some idea. I thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Nicolás

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2011 22:54

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Nothing totally obvious but I would mention the following to follow up on:
You mention
Quote: - Create a BD folder, using AVCHD 1920x1080 (24MPS) profile in PD9

However, your table of "My Movie PD9 created" shows 17.1Mbps, PD9 didn't do what you asked. Many posts of this occuring with ATI cards which you have, if you used GPU encoding I'd try just CPU encoding in PD9.

Since when you take the PD9 main movie *.mt2s from the STREAM folder of your PD9 BD folder on your hard disk and write that to USB stick it skips, I'd assume the same will happen if you use a BD disc. I'd invest in a BD-RE, that's what I use to iron stuff out. Based on my above comment about 17.1 bitrate, I'd again try plain CPU encoding at both the default 1920x1080 as well as 24Mbps settings and see if that plays fine.

Since it's just your panasonics, maybe a firmware issue? Research carefully as not all player firmware updates are in fact updates, some remove features, and you usually can't back rev flash.

Not sure why you did the ISO step, should not cause a issue but not required.

Adrian had a post on MBAFF here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9139.page#39280

Jeff
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you again Jeff,

1) I’m not sure about GPU or CPU hardware encoding, because I can’t see anywhere in PD9 about that. In profiles "Hardware Acceleration options", I have:

- Enable AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing tech... (what is CHECKED)
- Enabled hardware decoding (UNCHECKED)

Then in "Create Disc" I have "Enabled hardware video encoding" = UNCHECKED.

But since you are talking about Encoding and to select from ati (GPU) encoding or cpu encoding, I will assume that when you talk about GPU encoding, you are talking about "Hardware Video Encoding" that I have it always UNCHECKED.

2) Yes you right, I haven’t see that I create it in (24mbps) and the movie was 17,1mbps. I always see something like 22,2, but the true is that the .mt2s file have a fixed frame rate. I read some information from Panasonic and they prefer Progressive and maybe that’s why the menu video (what is in progressive) works. So I will try to burn the BD using AVC HD1990x1080P profile. I’m going to lose some frames and quality, but let’s see what the result is.

3) About why and ISO.. well, It’s a long history. Sometimes produce in one and burn in another (Edited: computer), so I just create an ISO to be more easy transfer the file from to another.

Nicolas

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2011 23:34

NicolasNY
[Post New]
I just finish creating the new BD in 1990x1080P BD (progressive) and IT WORKS. Attached is the MediaInfo of the new PD created file and as can you see, it have the same progressive format of the menu.

The bad (very bad) is that the frame rate is lower (14.3Mbps/23.976fps) and yes, there is a visible difference between the interlaced created 24Mbps/29.97fps and this one.

Questions:

(1) Edited: What did Panasonic equipment likes: A) The fact that it is progressive, B) or the fact they are in 23.976fps or C) The format setting CABAC?

(2) Why there isn’t a AVC Progressive at 24Mbps or at least 22.2Mpbs in PD create disc profiles?

(3) Why PD automatically creates BD menus in progressive 15.5/ 23.976 and not in the same format that user chose to create de disc?

(4) Why PD don’t let you use your customs profiles to create BD?

(5) Respect to the previous question, I can create a copy of the profile 1920x1080 (24) / 29.97FPS/Top Field and create a custom profile changing to PROGRESSIVE. It’s possible to change the structure of the BD and overwrite the original 0000.mt2s MBAFF, with one produced manually with the new custom profile?

It’s a lot of hours just trying to experiment with BD disc, so thanks in advice.

Nicolas

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 09. 2011 10:44

NicolasNY
[Post New]
Quote: (5) Respect to the previous question, I can create a copy of the profile 1920x1080 (24) / 29.97FPS/Top Field and create a custom profile changing to PROGRESSIVE. It’s possible to change the structure of the BD and overwrite the original 0000.mt2s MBAFF, with one produced manually with the new custom profile?

I just do it and ..no it doenst work at all.

Any workaround?
Any anwsers of question 1 to 4?
Any ideas?
NicolasNY
[Post New]
I'm blocked here, please help!
(No problem if comes from group 1 to 4)
Damn, then you say I'm temperamental.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 09. 2011 19:51

NicolasNY
[Post New]
Quote: After making a Custom Profile to match Panasonic 1080P/50 Camcorder Videos the output produced by PD9 is nearly the same quality as the original.
My SONY video camera mt2s footage its recognized by PD SVRT, so no problem here. I don’t have to make changes.

Quote: However if you Author(Create Disc) the edited video in PD9 the quality is lost due to Re-Encoding
I don’t need re- Encoding

Quote: 1080P Video can be Authored without Re-Encoding and maintaining the original quality with MultiAVCHD free application
Why do I need that?

So my question to you is how that help me on a Progressive BD creation that PD doesnt have?
NicolasNY
[Post New]
I just want to burn a BD in HD (24mbps) progressive compatible with Panasonic BD players
dhnj [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 30, 2010 11:14 Messages: 55 Offline
[Post New]
After editing in PD9 if you Author(Create Disc) the edited video quality is lost due to Re-Encoding because the Video bit rate is reduced to about 15Mbps from the edited bit rate of 24Mbps, taking a very long time and messing up the good quality obtained in the editing process and the following is changed as follow:
Frame rate : 50.00 fps changed to 25.00 fps
Progressive : Progressive changed to Interlaced
Audio Bit rate : 384 Kbps changed to 448 Kbps

Therefore you need a FREE program like MultiAVCHD to author your edited 1080p progressive material without loosing any quality. Before authoring with MultiAVCHD you need to use PD9Fix to Remux Edited video clip with PD9 to repackage the Video and Audio streams with more standard headers.

Output can be burned to DVD R/RW or BD-R/RE discs for playback in AVCHD-ready players. Strict mode employs in-mux menu (static only). Suitable for Panasonic players and DVD media.

Output BDMV can be burned to BD-R/RE discs for playback in any Blu-ray player.

Output can be used with Panasonic Blu-ray players if transferred to SDHC card (no menu).
gdc67 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2011 10:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Nicolas,

It's doubtful that my info will help, since I'm a newbie and just burned my first BD today (and I didn't see the problems you are experiencing). But I thought I'd chime in because my setup is so simliar to yours. I have the exact same Panasonic DMP-BD65, and am using Verbatim BD-R's. However, I've got an LG burner. My project contained clips with differing formats, but set them all to interlaced before producing as suggested in the help files. I also didn't attempt the 24p, but just the 1920x1080. But something you may have overlooking on the Panasonic side . . . there is a toggle in the Panasonic setup that allows/disallows 24p. My unit was defaulted with 24p off. Perhaps yours is set likewise?
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I seem to recall there being issues with discs encoded in H.264 and certain manufacturers blu-ray players. My parents have one of the earlier profile 1 .0 Sony blu-ray players from 2007 mine are the later models. All these play the H.264 encoded blu-rays and AVCHD DVDs I've produced with no issues.

PS3s are a dream because they seem to play anything!

My guess is that your Panasonic equipment won't play these disc types in which case you may have to produce your work in MPEG2 instead of H.264. The disadvantages are that your work will have to be totally re-encoded plus MPEG2 takes up more disc space. It's either that or replace the Panasonic equipment!

I used to produce my H.264 footage in MPEG2 with PD8 before they fixed the SVRT with H.264 and I was always delighted with the end product.

I'm no Panasonic expert so I may be wrong - it's just I seem to remember another forum member having trouble with H.264 encoded discs with a manufacturer that wasn't Sony!

Cheers,

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,My guess is that your Panasonic equipment won't play these disc types in which case you may have to produce your work in MPEG2 instead of H.264.

Perfect thanks Andrew. It burn my BD in MPEG2 1920x1080 (P) and works.
NicolasNY
[Post New]
This weekend I made the large project presentation to my family. The Bd created in DVD was perfect, no problem. However, high-definition, Blu-Ray disc was almost perfect:
The 1 hour and 20 minutes movie with 15 chapters appears at the beginning with of some horizontal bars (as well as sometimes seen in a. AVI). The majority of transitions (cross transitions), the beginning of the next clip appears paused before the transition.
Any ideas?
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I had a 'jumpy' BD and found that if I selected a slower 'burn' speed it solved the problem.

My BD burner has a default burn speed of x4. I selected x2.

I also found that if I produced my project as an MPEG2 with the settings as close to the original as possible - this was (for me) MPEG2 BD 1920x1080 and played the file via the USB connection the picture quality was stunning - much, much better than the BD.

Good luck Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

NicolasNY
[Post New]
Quote: Hi ..I had a 'jumpy' BD and found that if I selected a slower 'burn' speed it solved the problem.
My BD burner has a default burn speed of x4. I selected x2.

My first problem with my Bd player, was buyning in AVCHD format interlace. Burning in MPEG 1920x1080 progressive, solve the problem but with those horizontal bars on some chapters (not always). I also use the very slowes burning rate x2.

Quote: I also found that if I produced my project as an MPEG2 with the settings as close to the original as possible .....
Original footage was in AVCHD, cant use it on my Panasonic BD players.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 21. 2011 08:45

CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nicholas

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

Good luck Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!