Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wandering if is a way to filtering newbies from olders
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
I just see that in the last week or weeks, there is a lot of newbie’s questions that have being answered before, but they don’t use the search feature of the forum. Dafydd is there a way to create two PD9 forums?.. I’m just dreaming and joking this time.

LOL
[Post New]
Yes...I have been wandering, too. But now that I come back, I see this post.

I completely agree that there should be a separate forum, with NicolasNY as the moderator, asking and discussing whatever he thinks is appropriate. If we are voting, I vote...YES!!
I am just joking of course, too!! :lol:
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
My was a serius joke!

Yours, was a provocation.

Be careful!
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Be careful!

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15459.page#76042

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
[Post New]
How dare you NicolasNY (AKA Papsmile). Who are YOU to warn ANYONE to be careful.

New users come here for help, and thanks to you, get little in the way of a welcome.

Yes, I realize my commenting here is contributing to that negativity, but I just wanted to comment publicly that this forum is to HELP users..not to "joke" about their level of knowledge or lack of capability using search.

I can't speak for the rest of the community, but it is partially because of you that I am leaving this forum. It has turned a corner and not a GOOD one!!

I am sure this thread will be deleted (as it should) but, for the time it is available..consider this a direct message that you need to stop condescending!! These messages hurt the CYBERLINK market share and the users!! (Note: I include my comments in that).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 06. 2011 01:43

twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
I agree with Fred. People come here for help and don't need to be talked down to. Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.
NicolasNY
[Post New]
I’m not going to enter in a provocation again. My object on this topic is to somehow teach newbie’s to USE THE SEARCH FORUM and not to "joke" about their level of knowledge as Fred says and what I never mention.

My apologizes if this have cause some offenses. That’s not was my intention but it came from true events on this last days. If you take a look to all my last 15 days topics, you will see that I’m concentrating only in my business and giving a lot of contribution to all the users:

Hear tips for creating large projects
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15517.page

PD9 v2504 Subtitle (SRT) import/export issue workarounds
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15784.page

SRT subtitle merge utility for PD
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15814.page

BD CREATE DISC PROFILES NAMES and SVRT questions
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15826.page

Cranston,
There is a proverb what I don’t know what is the English equivalent, but the literal translation is: "New Year, Blur and replace ". Sometimes we have ups and downs, but don’t crucify me.

Fred,
I’m not here to have a particular fight with you, like last year. You started this time (you wrote: Yes, I realize my commenting here is contributing to that negativity) and I’m sorry for that. Also I don’t know what kind of insult or slang is (AKA Papsmile) and yes, it was my error to post this topic this way. As I know you very well, I’m sure you are going to have the last word on this topic to. Don’t waste your time.

Sorry and apologizes to the other users.
Nicolas
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You have to really pay attention to the links at the top of the forum. The links are kind of small type.

The Search is the first link in the header.

Search has been broken in the past and did not work correctly.

I think it is working now.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

jumpback67 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2010 00:32 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
The Search engine would be much better if there were a way to search "all power director" instead of just each version # or all forums.
NicolasNY
[Post New]
jumpback67,

You just give the best idea I've heard in recent times. No one else has occurred and it is as simple as that. I very much agree with you. Basically the operation of Power Director does not change in structure. Just some extra features or improvements. But in essence, from PD5 on, everything is basically the same. Many answers are scattered between PD5, 5,6,7,8 and 9. For example, they often ask questions at PD9, which is already answered in PD7.I am clear that in search, you can ask a question in "All available” and that give you a general search answer, but your idea would be great.

Cheers
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I think you can search "All Available".
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

NicolasNY
[Post New]
Quote: .."All available” and that give you a general search answer..
Yes you are also right Carl.

Now, remember when you were new. What is the first thing you do?

Usually newbie enters the FORUM INDEX. What it’s see?: PD5, PD6 / 7, PD8, PD9. Where are you going?. Sure goes to the version he/her have installed.

Suppose you have PD9 (as has happened this week). Find your answer there?. Sometimes yes, sometimes no, but the most likely answer you're looking for is not there at PD9, is in PD8 forum (which is what usually happens).

After and more after is when newbie beginnings to use the SEARCH. So jumpback67 idea is very valid.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Being a newbie I find this thread rather offensive, and being a NEWBIE to Videography and Cyberlink software If I have a question qeary and do use the 'Search' I don't know the terminology in video and therefore what specific to word question search..in graphic images are dPI and in video it is bitrate...(my understanding) so if I search for something to do with DPI I may not get what I want. This is an Example of a newbie using search.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
NicolasNY
[Post New]
I do not see where you write about why this topic offends you. Your case is very particular and so it should work, but it is not common. Such questions generally, I seek my answers on the internet and not on the forum. Now if my question has to do with my Cyberlink program, obviously I enter the forum. Everyone has their own way of seeing and analyzing things. And please, as I said before, I apologize if it offended you.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there -

Some useful points have been raised here:

1. Nicolas suggested something like an index of useful threads, which has been applied by the moderator previously http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/3522.page#20548 - this involves a good deal of work/sifting.

2. Jim's point: Using the search function (which can apply to the whole forum, as Carl said) does require some knowledge of terminology... particularly as terms like "Title" have various meanings. This is just like general internet searching.

3. Posts ought to stick to the business on the table without "jokes". Joking around can only really be done in company you trust. Here, we don't know everyone. Jokes may cause unintended offence.

4. TwinCity's comment about how people treat each other in this forum is critical to its function. Users like me, who don't know everything, don't deserve to be spoken down to, belittled or addressed with any kind of disrespect. Nobody does.

5. Fred's idea that it's the way members treat each other in a "public" place that dictates the "culture" of the forum is absolutely true. As he implied, it's the reason many good & talented people don't participate. We're here to talk about video editing & help each other.

6. Nicolas did something with which some "grown-ups" have a problem... made a mistake... realised... admitted his error... moved on.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 06. 2011 13:33

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Excellent
jumpback67 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I think you can search "All Available".

Yes, but that gives answers for all products. What if your search term can be found in discussions about all products. Your desired answer might not be until page 10. That's a lot of time spent looking for answers, and if you get to the end and there is no answer, you've just wasted a lot of time.
jumpback67 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: jumpback67,

You just give the best idea I've heard in recent times. No one else has occurred and it is as simple as that. I very much agree with you. Basically the operation of Power Director does not change in structure. Just some extra features or improvements. But in essence, from PD5 on, everything is basically the same. Many answers are scattered between PD5, 5,6,7,8 and 9. For example, they often ask questions at PD9, which is already answered in PD7.I am clear that in search, you can ask a question in "All available” and that give you a general search answer, but your idea would be great.

Cheers

Thanks a lot for the nice words. And your reasoning is spot on.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
I LOVE newbies....

Everyone in here was a newbie at one time.... If it wasn't for newbies, the rest of us like me would never learn anything in here. Even the "old guys" learn something from a newbies question. More so if they try to reproduce the same effect that the question callsl for.

The problems with using the search option (which I do recommend for ALL not just newbies, and everyone is or was a newbie at one time in here, but I find it just as easy to surf the threads) is the fact that you have to be very creative in your search query, and sometimes even that does not help if you do not know how to put phrase question in a form to get you the maximum benefit of the search. The search is not perfect. No matter hoe you phrase your search you AIN'T gonna get everything you think you are going to get.

Now saying all that, Anyone (me or you) when asking a question needs to have enough information in it so someone out here can understand what your issue/problem is. There are some good guideline threads which have been posted in this thread already that helps the old wise men in here to help you. But we do see a lot of posts like this...

Just got powerdirector 9, and it wont install
Tried to burn a blue ray and it wont burn
Tried to render a video and it stops at 92 -96-98% (a common one by the way)

Just a little more info helps greatly.

I for one LOVE newbies.... my best source of learning things about PD9 from their questions.... Even the experienced post questions on here. I am nether experienced or consider myself a PD guru. But......I can make movies....

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Like some long time ago Cap. Kevin says..... "Thats why I love this forum" LETS MOVE ON.!

Tony, your comments was excelent as always... lets move on! to
Bubba, I always love your sens of humor and the way you manage the soldiers.
Dafydd, now its your time to say something about Fred, and make pease with Cap.

This is not just a forum. Its a comunity.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 06. 2011 15:30