Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SRT subtitle merge utility for PD
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
PS Dear users,

Attached is a utility developed by me, used to complement Power Director, where importing ‘.SRT’ SUBTITLE files is quite limited. When importing a subtitle, PD ‘always’ replace any existing subtitle in the project timeline. This is a problem if you want to build a large project from several smaller subprojects that contains subtitles. The current solution is to rewrite the subtitles in the large project, but with "StrMerge" utility you will save the job of rewriting the captions.

Developed to finish my large video projects and is a contribution to all PD users. The utility is programmed in VB6 and have a small User Manual. The program is only 120Kb, but the setup contains the VB6 runtime, which will not necessarily be installed (the setup do it all).

To install, download the attachment (SRTMERGE.ZIP) extract in a temporary folder and run Setup.exe.

If during the installation, the setup informs you and asks if you want to install some file that is older than you have in your machine, simply hold the original (click on YES to keep your file).

The program is 16 bit, but runs perfectly on 32 and 64-bit, XP, Vista and Win7 (mine is installed on Win7-64bits)

Do not be afraid to use it and give feedback. And if you have any problems, do not hesitate to let me know. I will gladly help you resolve.

Hope you enjoy,

Regards,
Nicolas
 Filename
SRTMERGE.zip
[Disk]
 Description
SrtMerge v1.0.00 (free for all from Nicolas)
 Filesize
2292 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
535 time(s)