Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CES_IPCAgent in PD9.2504 causing problems
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
First of all, a big hello and happy new year to all. Recently back from a long vacation, install the new update of PD9 v2504.

1. As PD9 beta tester, I receive an email that my version of PD9 expired in two days. Any ideas?

2. I keep editing my projects from last year and I found a new issue that I not appeared in previous versions:

I have several videos in QuickTime format (. MOV) files created in Adobe AfterEffects created in an Apple computer, imported into my project on the PC. Before, they was working perfectly. But now, after installing the 2504 version, every time I select them in the time line, PD9 goes slow and randomly completely stop working.

I have note that every time I select any of those videos, the file “CES_IPCAgent.exe” is activated in the Task Manager. Memory resources used by CES_IPCAgent increase for each click that I made on any of this clips in timeline.

I have understood that CES_IPCAgent.exe file something to do with Cyberlink licenses, but no idea why it uses so many resources in this case.
I have attached an example. Add it to your timeline and open the Task Manager and play with it. For now, I have to take the trouble to convert them to another format in order to continue working.

Regards,
Nicolas
 Filename
R20110101.mov
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
58890 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
596 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 19. 2011 11:40

NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
By the way, I forget something important: PD9 only block if there is any transition over the .MOV clip
NicolasNY
[Post New]
I know that this is a very particular issue, but my big Project is based in .MOV files in all introductory chapters and it’s a pain in the as… always I try to click on a .MOV file like the one I have attached before.

CES_IPCAgent.exe WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

PLEASE CL, check what is CES_IPCAgent.exe its doing, because it’s a pain in the a……

Thanks in advice!!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
NicholasNY,
Please address your CyberLink messages to: https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2011 12:14

NicolasNY
[Post New]
Dafydd

What do you mean? .. This is a help or suppress?.

You're acting like a machine!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Be careful Nicholas.

No, the procedure is. Contact Tech Support with any issue directed at, for or to CyberLink. Now please report your concerns to: https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

I'm being succinct with my answers so you don't misinterpret them.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2011 12:32

NicolasNY
[Post New]
I think that Keving its right..... what is the problem Dafydd?

Im just trying to get a help about this problem from the members on the forum. NOT FROM CL. So please dont point me to CL support. I dont need it.

Im asking just a simple question about what is CES_IPCAgent.exe doing with my APPLE .MOV files

Be cool.........

NicolasNY
[Post New]
Quote: Be careful Nicholas....Dafydd

By the way why i have to be careful?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
You're acting like a machine!

That is not a way to address anyone on the forum. I don't want to have to sort out a similar to last time problem.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Dafydd
NicolasNY
[Post New]
???

Please, give some helpful answers, not just dictatorial answers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2011 13:17

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
An answer has already been given with all good intent.

The issue is for Technical Support and you need to approach CyberLink directly. Here's the link where you submit the information:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Good luck.

Dafydd
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Dafydd,

If you want, you can close or block this issue, but, the true is that im wainting for members answers and not CL TS dummy answers. So please dont be a dictador and let the topic flow.
[Post New]
NicolasNY;
What Dafydd is trying to say is that this issue may belong best being asked of Cyberlink TS directly. Since it has not been noted by anyone in this release (I didn't find a mention during a search) , Cyberlink being made aware of it, may help get the issue addressed in future patches (they do not read this forum, I understand).

It is hard for a Moderator to stay "Moderate", but Dafydd is doing his best in the face of contrary individuals and unhappy users. This forum has value...sometimes the greatest value is providing information as the WHERE users can find a solution.

[quote] this issue may belong best being asked of Cyberlink TS directly. [/quote]
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Well... it appears you may have a malware

I downloaded your file and ran it in PD9 and that process did not show up.

This was from a quick google search.....

Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as CES_IPCAgent.exe, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the iPCAgent.exe process on your pc whether it is pest.

[Thumb - Capture.JPG]
 Filename
Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
356 time(s)

This message was edited 12 times. Last update was at Jan 27. 2011 16:42

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Thanks Bubba. At least you have give one answer about CES_IPCAgent.exe. No is not a malware. Its running from Cyberlink\PowerDirector directory and just when you click on the .MOV file in the timeline. Have you try to import the file in the timeline and watch the "task manager" at the same time and see how CES_IPCAgent.exe appears?
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Quote: Since it has not been noted by anyone in this release (I didn't find a mention during a search)
Why 157 people have read this post if the title its about CES_IPCAgent.exe a non noted word in PD?. That means that there are some curios about that name or other have something to do with this file... it cant be just a curiosity.

CES_IPCAgent.exe its new in version 2504. It doesnt happend to me with last releases.

Bubba its the only one who have give some reasonable answer. I dont want or need CL support for this. It was only a Forum question from users.

And please FredB , dont answer on my post. You know why and i dont want more trobles becouse you. So please keep away from my post and Dafydd, close this post its geting no where.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jan 27. 2011 17:36

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: CES_IPCAgent.exe its new in version 2504. It doesnt happend to me with last releases.

I'm running build 2330, and I have a file named CES_IPCAgent.exe in my PowerDirector directory. I'm running the 64-bit version, but this is a 32-bit executable.

The file is dated 2010-11-05, is 169768 bytes, is digitally signed by CyberLink, and is flagged for Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan).

There is nothing remarkable in the accompanying manifest.

Either there is a bug in the program, or it is being molested by something else on your system.

I have no clue what it does.

I hope this helps.
NicolasNY
[Post New]
HI Jerry,

Yes, the file CES_IPCAgent.exe is in PD directory. It not always runing on the task manager. That file something haves to do with CL licenses. PD9 goes crazy, when I clic on my Apple .MOV imported clips (like the one i have attached before) ONLY IF A TRASITION IS ON IT. I can work around just trying to not manipulate them in the project and everything goes OK. I repeat, it doens hapend in early version. The problem is now with 2504. Has Dafydd say i can reported to CL TS, but i know there will be no nice answer there as you all know. A prefer to live with this issue before trying to get CL TS answer.

In other days this will be a reported issue to CL by D from this forum, but today, who knows.!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2011 20:52

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nicholas,
I have no intention of reporting, I would not want to take that pleasure away from you. After all, I did point YOU in the direction of where to go in an earlier part of this thread.
Have a great day.
Here's the link:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 28. 2011 04:20

PatC [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Suffolk UK Joined: Nov 17, 2009 14:00 Messages: 156 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nicolas

I checked on my machine and CES_IPCAgent.exe does NOT exist.
I have used PD9 ver 2316 , updated to 2330 and then 2504.
Strange video screen whiteouts and video card lockups with 2504.
Now gone back to Version 2316 for now, suits my system better.

So if CES_IPCAgent ever existed on my machine I must have flushed
it out during clean-up between reinstalls.

Patrick