Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hide chapters from chapter menu?
[Post New]
I have done a lot of Googling and use the search function at the Forum Index page, and haven't found the answer. I find it hard to believe that nobody has asked this question yet, so I'll apologize in advance for not finding the right thread.

My question is about PowerDirector v9. Is there a way to hide chapters from the chapter menu?

- I have cut out commercials from my video using split and delete, thereby creating clip points. (done)
- I want chapter points at each of these clip points. (done)
- I also want to manually add some other chapter points where there are no clip split points. (done)
- I want these chapter points in order to skip to them using my DVD remote. (done)
- For the chapter menus however, I only want to display a few, key chapter points, not all of them. (possible?)

I figured out how to hide the thumbnail text (just use " "), but what I want to do is remove the thumbnail and the text from the menu all together, which still maintaining the chapters for use with my DVD remote surfing.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately, I think not. I don't know of a way to pick which chapters will display in the menu. As far as I know, they all do and that's that. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The only way to remove chapter points is to remove the chapter in the chapter room.

You can not hide existing Chapters. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Not a real feature of the menu system but depending on what your full intent is and the complexity of your menu it might be possible.

In the following menu layout I have "hidden" Chapter 2. My project has 4 chapters, you see them in the menu structure layout on the left in the pic. I have decided to "hide" Chapter 2 as a demonstration so you do not see it in the "visible area" in the pic of the DVD menu on the right side. I have "Chapter 2" highlighted so you can see it is "hidden" off view at the bottom, typically I would have moved it further off view in the menu designer but I left it partially in view so you understand what was done. When played on a stand alone DVD player, the remote will cycle between "Chapter 1", "Chapter 3", and "Chapter 4" when the typical up/down arrows are used on the remote. When "Chapter 2" is moved off screen enough in the menu designer, the remote will not pick it up at all, it will only cycle between the 3 chapters as I indicated. However, if you use the numeric 2 on the remote and enter you will go to "Chapter 2" which was "hidden".

When a visible chapter is selected, you will get the check as shown in the second attached pic.

Jeff
[Thumb - hidden chap menu 2.jpg]
 Filename
hidden chap menu 2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
319 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
435 time(s)
[Thumb - hidden chap menu.jpg]
 Filename
hidden chap menu.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
321 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
376 time(s)
[Post New]
Nice work-around. Thanks!
[Post New]
Test
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Test

B-