Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The disk space is insufficient...
joffo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2010 21:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm getting the error:
The disk space is insufficient. Please free up some disk space by deleting unwanted or temporary files from your system.

I get this while recording in Power Director 7 and I get about 28 seconds worth of data in 123 meg.

I have my folder within the Power Director app to a folder that has plenty of disk space. I also added virtual memory to nearly 9 gig in addition to my 4 gig of physical memory. I'm running Win 7 x64. I've also changed my temp variables to point to a drive with plenty of space.

I don't know what else I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff
joffo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2010 21:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
For those wondering or ever getting this error, I found out what I was doing wrong.

I mounted drives to empty folders and Power Director didn't like that. I moved it to it's own drive and everything was working good.
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Joffo

Welcome to the PD forum.

Thanks for the follow up message Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

[Post New]
Cyberlink, pls let us bypass the disk space warning...
Add continue anyway button...

Here I am stuck and can not produce... It asks 3.7gb free space... But I know... 100% know 300mb free space is more than enough, not 3.7 gb...

I have 3.3 gb free space for an output that will not exceed 300mb... But I can not proceed!

---

Deleted some files, freed up some space and produced the file.

I was wrong... A lot... Very wrong about my estimation! :/

It took 56.6 mb! laughing only 56.6mb....

So, not being able to produce a 56.6mb file without having 3.7gb free space is quite funny and insane!

Program can not determine the file size due to different complexities of video... But people can...
Therefore let people decide to continue bypassing the disk space warning!

Thank you!
Shawn G O'Keefe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2018 14:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just ordered power Director and am having the same issue as mentioned below. There doesn't appear to be any customer service available! I'm very disappointed as I have wasted alot of time and have have my IT person try and figure it out to no solution! I want a refund!

Quote I'm getting the error:
The disk space is insufficient. Please free up some disk space by deleting unwanted or temporary files from your system.

I get this while recording in Power Director 7 and I get about 28 seconds worth of data in 123 meg.

I have my folder within the Power Director app to a folder that has plenty of disk space. I also added virtual memory to nearly 9 gig in addition to my 4 gig of physical memory. I'm running Win 7 x64. I've also changed my temp variables to point to a drive with plenty of space.

I don't know what else I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry that you're having trouble. Rather than posting on an 8-year-old thread, it would be better if you could take a look at the Read Me post at the top of the forum index and go through the requested steps so we can help.

We're all volunteers here, and providing those details along with some more info on what exactly you're doing when you get the error might be all we need to get you going. You could try saving to a different location, even a USB stick to see if that helps.

Also, if you formally requested help it sometimes takes a few days to get a response. In the mean time, please start a new post if you would like help from the forum.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°