Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Save photos from Slideshow onto DVD
movyjunky
Newbie Location: Seal Beach CA Joined: Nov 29, 2010 00:22 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
PowerProducer has feature that allows you to save the photos from your slideshow onto the DVD when you create it.
Is there a way to do that with PD9?
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

You may create the DVD folder structure (AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS) using PD “BURN TO FOLDER” option instead of burning directly the DVD. Then add another folder (lets say: PHOTOS) to the folder structure and use Power2Go, or another third-party program to burn the folder.

EDITED:
Note:
-You may add the pictures files inside the PHOTOS folder using explorer or whatever.
-The most important thing is that you must create the photo folder outside AUDIO_TS or VIDEO_TS. Example:

Root
..AUDIO_TS
..VIDEO_TS
..PHOTO

I don’t use PowerProducer, but other editor has that option to. It will nice if PD can include that in next releases.

Regard, Nicolas

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 07. 2010 12:27

NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
It is true that the strength of PowerDirector is not i the burner or menu creator. Maybe in the future, PD integrates best options for creating a disc and a more powerful editor menu creator.. Maybe then can create a new program called PowerDVDAutoring, or to add more options and power to Power2Go. They a little far to be called Power..X if doesn’t have that Power
[Post New]

movyjunky;

The Slideshow Designer is the easiest way to instantly turn your photos into a dynamic slideshow.

To create a slideshow using the slideshow designer, do this:

Drag all the photos that you want in the slideshow into the timeline.

Make sure the photos are selected, and then click on the Slideshow button to launch the Slideshow Designer.

In the Slideshow Designer you can select from a number of slideshow templates. Each template creates a completely different type of slideshow. See the below sections for detailed information on each of the templates and various options.

Click Next to go to the preview window and see the outputted result. You can then return to the previous window and select another template if you like.

Got that from the help file. I haven't used it, and as usual, others will have opinions/experience "+" and "-" with it, but it is there in PD9.
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Quote: .... to save the photos from your slideshow onto the DVD when you create it.

I think that what “movyjunky” wants is to save the pictures in the same DVD where the slide show video DVD it’s created. That way each member of his family can print the original picture, right?
[Post New]
Ok movyjunky...try this for more information:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/preList/14140/66881.page

Many users are looking for this functionality. Have a GREAT day!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 07. 2010 14:09

NicolasNY
[Post New]
Same menu, different Chef
movyjunky
Newbie Location: Seal Beach CA Joined: Nov 29, 2010 00:22 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
@NicolasNY - Yes that's exactly right, everyone on my daughter's soccer team wants copies of the pictures and it's too large to fit on a CD so I'd rather just burn a single DVD that also stores the photos.

@FredB - I created a directory outside of AUDIO and VIDEO but my burner had problems. It would only burn after I deleted the directory. I'll try again using Baryddth's suggestion (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14140.page#66881).