Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Question for Canon HD users
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to use Capture mode and a Canon Vixia HF R100 to do live capture through the USB port? My Canon MiniDV will do it with Firewire, but I'm not having any luck with the HD camera. I suppose I could use the A/V out port, but then I would need a converter box to feed it into the computer. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Bonjour Jaimesque -

I can only speak for myself & my Canon HF S10.

My PC only recognises the camera when it's in Review Mode, for transferring files. Using USB, in Movie mode, nothing shows up in the capture window (apart from the webcam & other devices).

There may be a way to do it with your camera (live feed), but I don't know how. I'd put it in the "doubtful" category.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
That's what I am thinking, also. Apparently I would need a Firewire port, and these newer cameras don't seem to have one. Oh, well. Back to the drawing board. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Jamie, what about a card reader?

You could just copy the camera file directly to the PC with a memory card reader. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

James Dotson
[Post New]
Actually, I don't have any trouble transferring the files, but I was hoping to do some video by using live capture. That way I can use the computer hard drive instead of a memory card. PD just doesn't recognize the HD camera in capture mode. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM