Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
VIDEO ROTATE 90
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
Hi (probably its very easy question) - on timeline can I rotate my videoclip 90*? PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Could you explain what you mean by rotate? Do you just want the video to turn sideways or are you wanting to rotate as in camera angle? Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I sure thought there's a way, but I can't find it now. You can do some rotating by clicking on the modify button, but it's limited. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You can rotate in the PIP track.
Put the video that you want of rotate on one of the PIP tracks, you may need to put a color board on the main video track for spacing.

Click on the PIP Video, click modify, grab the green handle on the top of the video and drag to the angle you want.

Expand the PIP to fill the screen by dragging the corners.
Uncheck maintain aspect ratio to re-size to any size.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 04. 2010 19:16

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have done it in powerdirector Ultra. Load the video into video track, Highlight it and select power tools, the bottom is rotation.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Andres.R
Senior Member Location: Tartu, Estonia Joined: Dec 31, 2009 02:26 Messages: 263 Offline
[Post New]
Hi.
Kevin, yes, I wanted the video to turn sideways, sorry for my English
(Usually I hold camera as should be, but this time my sister-in-law decided to do otherwise and now she asked me to help her)
For others - thanks for helping, I try this all on this weekend!
PowerDirector 17. Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770 (8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz); Hard Disk: SSD 250Gb + SSD 500GB.

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AndresRootsi
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Hiielind,

Its probably a easy question, but its not now… ..

I don’t remember where I have see it in PD 8 or PDx version, but have see it and that’s why in my last vacation I have take some 90° takes in with my cam, thinking and helping that PD can rotate it back for my production. But now that you are asking this, I cant found in PD8 or PDx where to rotate it……. Nice question. Where is? Is was in PD8 Power tools like James sugest or disapears in Pdx?
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have the powerdirector8 Ultra, your clip has to be in timelline.
Maybe Powerdirector other than ultra don't have the option.
JimM Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
I would suggest playing with the transitions. There are flips turning several ways and you can adjust how much time you want for the flip. As Carl said, the PiP function is good for thisI hope this helps.
Cheers!
Kevin R.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2010 00:19

Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Carl has given the answer - just put the video into a PiP track. Go to the preview player and rotate - you can expand the frame size in the same location. Both tasks can be carried out in Modify > PiP Designer.

In Preview look for the top middle of the PiP and the green toggle.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2010 04:41