CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink BR Advisor failing HDCP compliance even though video card, driver and display are all HDCP
Reply to this topic
hspder [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Sep 14, 2010 15:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

The screenshots attached pretty much tell the story -- the Cyberlink BR Advisor fails complaining that my Display is not HDCP compliant, while the nVidia control panel clearly states what I already know -- it is. So this is clearly a bug in the Cyberlink software.

Display is connected via DisplayPort (which natively supports HDCP). Drivers are the absolute latest nVidia drivers for this Quadro NVS160M. Monitor is a Dell U2410. OS is Win7 x64.

Although I was looking forward to buying PowerDVD obviously I can't until this bug is solved.

So, any idea when this is going to be resolved?
 Filename
Cyberlink Blu-ray Advisor.png
[Disk]
 Description
Screenshot of Cyberlink BR Advisor error
 Filesize
114 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
938 time(s)
 Filename
nVidia HDCP Status.png
[Disk]
 Description
nVidia Control Panel Clearly showing HDCP capability
 Filesize
204 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
892 time(s)
wysocki1 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 16, 2010 11:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have had the same problem with PowerDVD for a couple of years! I bought an LG blu-ray player for my PC and it came with PowerDVD 8 Ultra. However, it complained that I didn't have HDCP components or monitor. So eventually I bought a new Radeon HD 5670 card, a HDMI v1.4 cable, and an Epson 3850 HD projector. Woo-hoo!
I"m still paying the bill for all this and I still can't play a damn blu-ray disk yet because PowerDVD says my driver is incorrect and I'm not HDCP. I have the latest drivers from ATI and all my equipment is certainly HDCP.

I tried playing the "Wanted" disk and it starts playing the opening video for the production company but it quickly stops with an error saying I must use an analog connection because it can't be played on a non-HDCP digital connection.

Now what can I do?
Ant97 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 19, 2010 12:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using PowerDVD 8 to watch Band of Brothers, yet I get to the last two episodes and the advisor now says my driver isn't good enough and the program won't even load up. I have a radeon 5770 with the latest drivers, and have tried reinstalling Power DVD. Any other suggestions what to do?

No idea what I've done to it but it's fixed itself : Yahoo

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2011 15:27

Romane [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 01, 2011 13:16 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hello!
I have the same problem: in december I could read a BD DVD (Prince of Persia) with Power DVD 10 Ultra Mark II. Suddenly, I can no more read it: BD & 3D advisor says now that my video card is not HDCP. This is false because it is a 8800 GTS with the last driver266.58. Any suggestion ? Thanks. MR:
Romane [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 01, 2011 13:16 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Date: 8/03/2011 18:39
From romane
Hello!
We are obliged to wait that Cyberlink decides to update the BR Advisor with a lot of other video cards. For the moment, you can install AnyDVD which is able to get round the HDCP protection (it works in rear plan). MR:
Reply to this topic