Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multitrack audio mixing
MarkB777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2020 17:56 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I have footage where two microphones are used to record on 2 separate audio channels.

When playing the footage back it sounds like one microphone is off and the other is on however i use Edius to do a panpot and balance and its able to balance both channels so that i can hear both micrphones clearly at the same time. Can this be done in either powerdirector or audio director? I'm asking because i havent had success doing this. i would like ot be able to stick to power director and not have to go back and forth between softwares.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello. I have footage where two microphones are used to record on 2 separate audio channels.

When playing the footage back it sounds like one microphone is off and the other is on however i use Edius to do a panpot and balance and its able to balance both channels so that i can hear both micrphones clearly at the same time. Can this be done in either powerdirector or audio director? I'm asking because i havent had success doing this. i would like ot be able to stick to power director and not have to go back and forth between softwares.

If the source video footage has 2 separate audio tracks, PD does not handle that. It can only handle one set of tracks at a time (Stereo, DD5.1, 7.1 gets down sampled to pref setting,,,). However, if the video file is multi audio track mkv file, PD allows the choice of using one track or another. To use both simultaneously one would have to extract audio of one track and use this wav file in a second timeline track to play simultaneously. So, what one might do, really depends on what the source file is. Posting a small sample would be best, if not, using MediaInfo https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline and posting details would help as well.

Jeff