Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
50th Birthday Intro
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
I will be doing some photo and video for a 50th Birthday Party soon and wanted to ask about making like a 3 second 50th Logo or video intro, transision etc

Not sure if there is any download like this from the cyberlink site

I would put this in right before showing video clips or pics

Hope to get ideas on this
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Try e.g. YouTube and simply search for "50th birthday intro" ....
detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try e.g. YouTube and simply search for "50th birthday intro" ....

I looked on youtube and did not find much

I am pretty sure there may be something on cyberlink or a good way to create something with a shiny flashing look, etc
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
A quick re-search reveals that there is some stuff on
  • the directorzone (4:3 though)
  • on Shutterstock (also within the 365 subscription)
  • on iStock (plenty but only 1 within the subcription; maybe that becomes more after 14 June)
or maybe this is the time to become creative and make something yourself, that no doubt will get the most applaus...
have fun.
detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote A quick re-search reveals that there is some stuff on
  • the directorzone (4:3 though)
  • on Shutterstock (also within the 365 subscription)
  • on iStock (plenty but only 1 within the subcription; maybe that becomes more after 14 June)
or maybe this is the time to become creative and make something yourself, that no doubt will get the most applaus...
have fun.

Hi. I saw those when I searched just now. Looks like they are all ones you have to purchase

I hope someone has some good ideas on creating my own
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi detroit123 -

It's actually a pretty tough question because you have indicated anything about the style you're after, the type of gathering/party or the person who's turning 50. Those two factors would influence the direction & choices you make.

Years ago, I did quite a few "big date" type presentations (video, slideshow, graphics), including a big one for my dad who was turning 80. The big gathering, including career friends & family, dictated the editing choices I made.

I could show you some bits of it, but it would be likely inappropriate for your birthday person. In fact, when I look at it now it's completely OTT & I'd be unlikely to do it that way now embarassed (even though, at the time, it went down well).

How about some clues?

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 14. 2023 15:39

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi detroit123 -

It's actually a pretty tough question because you have indicated anything about the style you're after, the type of gathering/party or the person who's turning 50. Those two factors would influence the direction & choices you make.

Years ago, I did quite a few "big date" type presentations (video, slideshow, graphics), including a big one for my dad who was turning 80. The big gathering, including career friends & family, dictated the editing choices I made.

I could show you some bits of it, but it would be likely inappropriate for your birthday person. In fact, when I look at it now it's completely OTT & I'd be unlikely to do it that way now embarassed (even though, at the time, it went down well).

How about some clues?

Cheers - Tony

ideally, I would want either a silver or gold colored 50th sign that either flashes or shines and lasts 3 seconds
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Some examples all with PD 365 made within 5 mins attached. Green background to make it easier to fit it in somewhere. Project examples are available, should you need them, but it would not be to hard the recreate them. As Tony wrote, we don't have much to go on. Maybe this helps you getting somewhere?
 Filename
50-all.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
8 3-mins projects
 Filesize
24756 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
73 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 15. 2023 05:12

detroit123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Some examples all with PD 365 made within 5 mins attached. Green background to make it easier to fit it in somewhere. Project examples are available, should you need them, but it would not be to hard the recreate them. As Tony wrote, we don't have much to go on. Maybe this helps you getting somewhere?

thank you. What you sent looks very good

Yes if you have any other examples you can also send
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Why don't you make some yourself, please see attached
 Filename
50-allpacked.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
7865 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
77 time(s)