Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to improve 'smoothness' of digitized Super 8 footage
leinrac1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2022 12:19 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I have recently digitized some old Super8 footages with a digital scanner. I have got an Mp4 264h footage 1440 x 1080p, 20 FPS . In the PD timeline it has turned to 25 fms (Europe)
I am trying to correct it with PD in particular Iin stabilizing the footage, in reducing video speed (Super 8 was shot at 18 fms) and other issues (noise etc) . The only thing I cannot get to adjust is the 'smoothness' of the footage. In fact , especially when it comes to quick moving landscapes, the footage is slightly 'chopping ' . I have tried any possible adjustment (stabuilization, speed, framerate, bitrate etc) but no success, at least to my eyes. Pls see example . Anybody can help please ?
 Filename
Test short.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
31211 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The panning rule of 7 seconds to show an object from left to right side of the screen has been violated. There are not enough frames to produce a smooth pan without frame creations. The video speed in PD21 allows the interpolation technology to work if correctly checked and applied In two steps in my tests. Just tried it in pal 25 fps. This thread shows how to do it in the earlier versions of PD: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/85042.page . optodata solution worked.