Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Popping on MP3 MA4 and WAV editing
Mercusio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2023 09:44 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I like to use PD21 for editing my podcast audio, partly because when I am done, I can quickly add some fading stills and publish to video platforms like YouTube, but mostly because I often mix multiple tracks and there's simply no other editor as efficient for the work. I noticed over the past couple of years that PDv20 and PDv21 started making pops with EVERY edit and it's pretty annoying. I have had to resort to the following types of time-consuming edits:

(I would show you a picture, but I can't figure out how to upload screenshots to this forum... but it looks like this...)

| ' ' ' ' ' ' ||/' ' ' ' ' '||/' ' ' ' ' '||/' ' ' ' ' '||/' ' ' ' ' '

where / represents a manual edit in the audio track to fade up from silence to normal volume.

I don't want to batch update all tracks with scene fade transitions because the audio edits are necessarily tight with limited deadspace to work with. The real answer is likely to run the original .wav file through the system and produce another .wav file with different parameter settings that will work better with the way PD joins audio edits, but I don't have time to experiment.

A) Does anyone know if there is a quick way to pre-condition .wav files (and others) without losing audio quality of any kind, and will result in faster edits without annoying pops?

B) By the way.... hey CyberLink... love the product. Please fix this bug.

Thanks.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I like to use PD21 for editing my podcast audio, partly because when I am done, I can quickly add some fading stills and publish to video platforms like YouTube, but mostly because I often mix multiple tracks and there's simply no other editor as efficient for the work. I noticed over the past couple of years that PDv20 and PDv21 started making pops with EVERY edit and it's pretty annoying. I have had to resort to the following types of time-consuming edits:

(I would show you a picture, but I can't figure out how to upload screenshots to this forum... but it looks like this...)

| ' ' ' ' ' ' ||/' ' ' ' ' '||/' ' ' ' ' '||/' ' ' ' ' '||/' ' ' ' ' '

where / represents a manual edit in the audio track to fade up from silence to normal volume.

I don't want to batch update all tracks with scene fade transitions because the audio edits are necessarily tight with limited deadspace to work with. The real answer is likely to run the original .wav file through the system and produce another .wav file with different parameter settings that will work better with the way PD joins audio edits, but I don't have time to experiment.

A) Does anyone know if there is a quick way to pre-condition .wav files (and others) without losing audio quality of any kind, and will result in faster edits without annoying pops?

B) By the way.... hey CyberLink... love the product. Please fix this bug.

Thanks.

Hi,

Files can be attached by using the blue Attachment button below the posting dialogue box.

Can you confirm exactly which version of PDR you are using?
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97579.page#post_box_392512

Anything in this topic of any use to your issue?
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97675.page#392730

Have you raised a support ticket, if not you can do so by using the link in the signature below?

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do