Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lost all hardware encoding in PD365
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Need Help. Using PD365 to edit and produce custom m2ts files to author in PD17. The default is Nvidia nvenc without the Intel QS available. Power down the pc and switch the display to Integrated graphics on the motherboard. No hardware encoder is available whatsoever. Switch back to the nvidia card connection and no hardware encoder is available. Cpu and svrt are the only options available.

These traditional fixes for older versions of PD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbe_9S4dC3U and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykDEy3qi04Q do not work with PD21/365.

My PD17 works just fine with both hardware encoders, cpu, and svrt.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
First try one of the default .MT2S profiles and see if that works. Maybe open an older project that you were able to produce using NVENC and see how that looks now.

Next what options do you see for PD using these instructions? Maybe try uninstalling your current nVidia driver completely, or else install the newest Studio Driver or Game Ready Driver (whichever one you don't already have installed) and force a clean installation as described here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 07. 2022 16:01

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
There is no hardware encoder available even for the sample files with Default profiles for h.264 and h.265. The current nvidia driver was updated to the latest 527.37 today to no avail. Created Ticket ID: CS002583629.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
The problem has been resolved as Cyberlink support stated “After pilot checking, we are unable to reproduce the condition you have encountered. The root cause of the condition is unknown, and could possibly relate to the software/hardware compatibility, or some abnormal system configuration problems.” They asked that two folders in the registry be deleted to allow them to be recreated.

Found that in my pc where both internal and external graphics are used that a PD21/365 setup for the nVidia means that the Intel integrated graphics will not be available. PD21/365 setup for the Intel integrated graphics will have both it and the nvidia external graphics to be available.

The problem happens when the display monitor connection has to be switched from the nvidia to the Intel for PD17 to do hardware encoding for the m2ts files for BD. This connection change caused the hardware encoders not to be available permanently in both PD21/365 and in my PD21/365 Business Essentials. The solution for PD21/365 is to delete the two folders in the registry to allow them to be recreated. I did not report the problem for the PD21/365 Business yet. The same solution with different folders will probably work.

I did not have this problem in the previous PD20/365 as I edit in PD365, produce m2ts files with DD audio, author with PD17, and burn with ImgBurn. Earlier nvidia encoded files were not svrt compliant for my BDs. Later ones with a different video driver were. I prefer the Intel QS as being the most reliable hardware encoder for the job on BDs.

Hope this helps others that have both integrated and nvidia graphics and desire to use either one when desired or needed.