Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there a timeline effect in PD 355?
SharonNobuhle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2022 21:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there. I'm creating a historical documentary. I want to use a timeline effect that can use to scroll forwards or backwards in time. For example, Event "a" occurred in 2015ad, but then event "b" occurred in 800bc. Event c" may occur in 200ad, etc. Is there an effect that I can use to create that type of timeline?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not aware of anything so specific, but I suggest you try making a very long, narrow graphic in MS Paint or any other graphics program with evenly spaced text representing the years your project will be covering.

When you place the image on the timeline, use the PiP Designer or the Keyframe tool to place the desired year in view. You can use the Ease-in/Ease-out controls to slide and accelerate the current date off screen and then slow down and arrive at the new date. You can also use the Opacity keyframes to fade the timeline in and out of visibility as needed.
SharonNobuhle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2022 21:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm not aware of anything so specific, but I suggest you try making a very long, narrow graphic in MS Paint or any other graphics program with evenly spaced text representing the years your project will be covering.

When you place the image on the timeline, use the PiP Designer or the Keyframe tool to place the desired year in view. You can use the Ease-in/Ease-out controls to slide and accelerate the current date off screen and then slow down and arrive at the new date. You can also use the Opacity keyframes to fade the timeline in and out of visibility as needed.

What a brilliant idea!!! Thank you. I made an image in Canva that will work perfect for my needs. I can't wait to add it to my project.

Many thanks for that suggestion.