Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing / Burning a project to DVD: troubleshooting
MICHAEL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2010 16:48 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I assume I'm not the only one with this issue, but as the forums can't be searched, I'll try posting a new thread and hope I can find a solution.

I have a 49min project composed of .mov files (from a Panasonic FX01), .avi (from a Canon Ixus 80) and .jpg files. Soundtracks added using mp3 files and the PD-supplied audio.

The "Create Disk" tab gives a project size of 3656mb to fit a standard DVD (4.7gb).

I click burn using HQ - Best Quality with Dolby Digital 2 channel selected as burn parameters.

Whether I try to burn independently to DVD or hard drive or have both selected, I get the following error at 21% of the burn process: "Burning Unsuccessful. Not enough storage is available to complete the operation".

The hard disk has either 25gb or 101 gb depending on which one I use (both internal SATA drives). The dvd disc is 4.7gb - though because the project files can't even be created - this doesn't seem to be an issue.

I have tried to burn a project using 3 "Nature" PD sample clips placed back-to-back in the timeline, and no other adjustments or additions, and end up with the same burn error.

I have tried producing the video first and then using the single video to burn a new project - same error occurs. (I used the 1080i settings to retain best video output quality - the end result is a "perfect" video clip)

System resources:
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2GHz
2 gb DDR ram
Nvidia 8600GT / 512mb
Windows XP
PD 8 build 2508 (I have installed the 2704 patch which did nothing to correct this issue, so uninstalled the whole program and reinstalled 2508 as supplied in full by Cyberlink in response to other issues caused by earlier software - which weren't solved by the way - that's another issue!)

I cannot accept that the stated storage "error" is the cause of not being able to burn - there must be some other issue at play here.

I've been plugging away at this for the last 6-8 months with no headway being made.

Look forward to your feedback.

Cheers,
Mike
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Something is interfering with PD with the disc creation process. To go more in deep, this link http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page can help you to do some first steps to diagnose your issue. I can include checking your disc fragmentation to.

By the way, you can also try the old search link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/search/filters.page
Regards,
Nicolas

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 07. 2010 18:00

MICHAEL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2010 16:48 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
The old search link didn't find anything - I suspect that the forum posts are archived away from that search engine. Thank you for trying though.

I fixed my issue by removing a suite of dvdvideosoft freeware used to encode youtube videos and convert DVD to mpg among other things. That seems to have resolved the burning issue.

I can now burn projects to disc which is a great relief.
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the follow up message Michael.

This is what this forum is all about - sharing knowledge.

Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Dhirendra [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2007 04:46 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I also faced same problem. In my case I had to remove "Pazera Free FLV to AVI converter" software to burn project on HDD. FLV to AVI converter was installed to convert FLV to AVI and thus import AVI file to my project.

Above solution helped me to remove new software that were installed after installation of PD8.

Thanks a lot !

Dhiren.